Senior Frontend Engineer
Argent aims to be crypto’s defining company: the first to bring the benefits of self-custody to a global audience. Giving people control of their assets and identity, and helping them to enjoy new economic opportunities.
We work remotely across Europe, prioritizing autonomy and flexibility. And it’s a particularly exciting time to join as we’re launching new breakthrough products on Starknet.
“we need wide adoption” of wallets like Argent (Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum co-Founder)
Your team(s) within Argent
You’ll work across two areas:
- Argent’s web-based products, particularly Argent X, our fast growing browser wallet with over 1.3m accounts.
- Hito Studios, our new startup studio. We recently launched the studio in partnership with the Starknet Foundation with the aim of building and spinning out iconic consumer-facing projects. The studio will also accelerate existing, early stage Starknet projects with similar potential. We want Hito Studios to be a moonshot factory, radically changing crypto’s impact globally.
Across both you will work directly with our founders to bring transformative ideas to market.
- Develop, design, and architect web-based applications.
- Take ownership of an application development lifecycle and quickly ship features.
- Ensure our software meets our strong requirements in terms of usability, security, availability and long term maintainability.
- Build POC and MVP, i.e. work in an environment where product requirements are not fully defined.
- Experience at building consumer facing web decentralised apps (Dapps) in React
- Good knowledge of blockchain technologies (e.g. ethers.js, web3.js)
- At ease with design and architecture of software and systems (e.g. Design Patterns, Secure Software Development)
- Experience with agile methodologies and software development tooling and processes
You might also have:
- MSc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- React best practices and design patterns (MVC, Flux, Redux,..)
- Good knowledge of Starknet technologies, experinece with starknet.js
- Open source software and contribution
What you’ll love about Argent:
🌍 Work anywhere in Europe. The best part? No commute!
🧘 Work flexibly and autonomously. Shape your work day to suit you so that you have plenty of time to care for kids or cats, and - most importantly - yourself.
💰 Equity in a high growth startup backed by the investors of Spotify and Slack.
🛩 Trips across Europe! For one week every quarter we meet in person as a company to explore new solutions and to have fun. So far we’ve stayed in Nice, Toulouse, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona. Ideas for our upcoming trips are welcome!
👶 Generous parental leave.
💻 Equipment - tech setup of your choice.
🤙 Build a new industry with us, defining the future of the web
You can find more information on each of our values here.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Here at Argent, we want to build a definitive suite of crypto products that work for everyone, giving more people access to the economic benefits of Decentralised Finance. We also truly believe that, in order to build an inclusive product, we need to foster an inclusive working environment and a diverse team of passionate Argonauts. We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly and autonomously, in the way the suits them and their lifestyle.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Your application will be reviewed without attention to sex, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, working practices, medical history, neurodiversity or any other personal or protected characteristics.