Field Service Engineer
Company Level 3
Salary band £37,000 - £52,000
5% bonus (annual & discretionary & performance based)
Work from our office in London and at all customer sites as required
Automata is a leading robotics and automation company powering the laboratories of the future. Our mission is to unlock labs’ space, people, and potential through automation hardware and software.
Our lab automation technology is efficient, scalable and reliable and effectively carries out routine tasks, to free up scientists to work on innovative research.
We meet labs where they are on their automation journey and are the trusted partner to customers including trusts within the NHS, bit.bio and The Francis Crick Institute. We are also supporting advancements across Core Testing Labs, Academic Institutes, CDMOs, Pharma’s and Biotech’s.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Service Engineer whose mission is to be a frontline ambassador for system reliability, customer satisfaction and trust. Someone who will strive to provide optimal performance of our platform, with proactive problem-solving and technical expertise.
Why is this role important for Automata?
The Automata LINQ platform plays a highly valuable role for our customers, delivering improved reliability and accuracy of experiments, to higher throughput of sample processing. To uphold and enhance the reliability of this integral system, we recognize the critical need to add to our Field Service team. This role is indispensable in ensuring seamless operations, troubleshooting potential issues, and delivering hands-on support to our clients. As a key player in our service department, the Field Service Engineer will play a pivotal role in maintaining the highest standards of performance and customer satisfaction, contributing to the continued success and growth of our innovative solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Having a deep understanding of our LINQ product offering of both LINQ hardware, software and cloud systems
- Diagnosis and development of automation software workflows using Python and Maestro control software
- Monitoring of and interaction with our Service Desk ticket system
- Giving customer training where required
What it takes:
- Strong technical and software proficiency in automation systems and Python scripting
- Expertise in debugging technical issues at various levels of the stack
- Great communication skills to be able to coordinate and escalate conversations with the internal stakeholders from CSMs, deployment engineers, specialised software or hardware engineers as well as external stakeholders such as lab technicians
- Ability to navigate unforeseen challenges and to adapt to our evolving technology
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites, potentially worldwide at a moment's notice
Nice to haves:
- Customer service helpdesk
- CAD 3D printing skills
- Lab environment experience
- Understanding of robotics or mechanical aptitude
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
We are looking for someone excited to support our robotics and automation, in real-world scenarios, collaborating with clients to optimize and maintain their automated platform. You should be dedicated to staying at the forefront of our technological advancements in a dynamic field where adaptability and problem-solving are key.
If this sounds like a good fit and has ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.