Back End Developer
We believe financial services should be more accessible, that’s why we started Axis. A fully interoperable mobile wallet which enables users to send and receive money from any mobile wallet in Egypt, pay their bills, buy anything online with a virtual Visa card, or scan any QR code to pay for anything in-person.Axis empowers small businesses with simplified digital payments to compete & grow. Our digital banking platform enables small businesses to seamlessly manage payments to employees and suppliers. Small businesses can now send salaries, reimbursements and instantly pay their suppliers on any mobile wallet in Egypt.
Overview of the role
We are looking for a smart experienced Java Developer with solid experience building high-performing, enterprise-grade applications. This role will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing.
What you'll be doing
- Analyze, Design, Implement, Integrate and Document functional and integration requirements in new/existing solutions.
- Working closely with team members to achieve project & organizational objectives.
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes that perform efficiently.
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Deliver fully tested source code complying with code quality standards.
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
- Be involved in a full spectrum of applications engineering, including new features and new applications, extending existing functionality, and maintaining the existing codebase.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Contribute to the design, analysis, and required target delivery.
- Efficient and supportive team member.
- 1-2 Years of hands-on experience in design, developing, and delivering functional and integration requirement using Java and Java EE platforms
- Proven experience in Spring Framework
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Proven experience building and integrating with Web Services, as well working, and managing XML structures
- Experience integrating with RESTful and GraphQL APIs, and applying modern authorization mechanisms, such as but not limited to, JWT and OAuth.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Knowledge about Big data and NoSQL databases is preferred
- Proven practice of Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience with CI tools, Maven, ANT
- Working experience in Agile Scrum delivery teams is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge about source and version control management systems like Git and/or TFS.
- Capabilities to write and execute unit test cases.
- Independent researching, solution finding, analysis, and problem-solving skills and capabilities as well Knowledge of software engineering best practices and tools.
- University degree (BSc) in Software Engineering or similar background is preferred.
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Perks of working @ Axis
- Hybrid working conditions.
- Medical Insurance for You and your family.
- Life Insurance.
- Greek Campus gym subscription.
- Marriage leave policy.
- Very competitive leave policy including extended Maternity and Paternity leaves.