We believe financial services should be more accessible, that’s why we started Axis. A fully interoperable mobile wallet which enables users to send and receive money from any mobile wallet in Egypt, pay their bills, buy anything online with a virtual Visa card, or scan any QR code to pay for anything in-person. Axis empowers small businesses with simplified digital payments to compete & grow. Our digital banking platform enables small businesses to seamlessly manage payments to employees and suppliers. Small businesses can now send salaries, reimbursements and instantly pay their suppliers on any mobile wallet in Egypt.
Overview of the Role
- We are looking for a smart experienced DevOps Engineer to collaborate with our development and operations teams to handle the creation of DevOps solutions that scale with our rapid growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Help resolve issues in production, test, and development environments
- Test our systems and processes
- Play a critical role in building systems to manage and automate servers
- Help the development team with tools and services to enhance productivity
- A minimum of 2-3 years of DevOps/Systems administrator or equivalent distributed systems development experience; preferably in a cloud hosted environment.
- Firm understanding of cloud native container technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Docker experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet is preferred
- Proven experience with one of the public cloud environments (AWS, Google, and/or Azure)
- Firm knowledge with CI/CD and DevOps pipeline automation tools such as Jenkins CD, Bambop, CircleCI and/or Git Action, Gitlab and/or Bitbucket
- Firm understanding of networking, identity management, monitoring, logging, vulnerability management, and concepts; good understanding with security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI) with knowledge of IT operating models and processes
- Proficient with using Git
- Capability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems
- Basic software development skills/experience; scripting experience is preferred with a proficiency in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience hardening infrastructures & systems and developing highly available & scalable systems is a plus
- Experience/participation in implementing production infrastructures and applications is a plus
- Knowledge in Prometheus and Grafana is a plus
- Familiarity with Scrum or Kanban methodologies is a plus
Perks of working @ Axis
- Hybrid working conditions.
- Medical Insurance for You and your family.
- Life Insurance.
- Greek Campus gym subscription.
- Marriage leave policy.
- Very competitive leave policy including extended Maternity and Paternity leaves.