Senior Financial Accountant
We believe financial services should be more accessible, that’s why we started Axis. A fully interoperable mobile wallet which enables users to send and receive money from any mobile wallet in Egypt, pay their bills, buy anything online with a virtual Visa card, or scan any QR code to pay for anything in-person. Axis empowers small businesses with simplified digital payments to compete & grow. Our digital banking platform enables small businesses to seamlessly manage payments to employees and suppliers. Small businesses can now send salaries, reimbursements and instantly pay their suppliers on any mobile wallet in Egypt.
Overview of the role
- As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will be contribute in Accounting bookkeeping & compliance reporting for Axis Pay for Electronic Payments SAE.
What you'll be doing
- Managing accounts using accounting software (Oracle NetSuite ERP).
- Transacts, supports accounts payables, accounts receivables, treasury, and banking activities.
- Prepare daily Cash flow& monitoring all bank accounts on daily basis, and determine the cash flow requirements to meet the budget datelines.
- Verify the Bank charges and commissions to reduce finance expenses
- Liaison with the Bank channels to facilitate the outstanding transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed assets register.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- General Ledger control accounts reconciliation
- Analyse all balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Ensure an accurate monthly, quarterly & year-end closing with respecting the deadlines.
- Provide the finance manager with needed reports for forecasts and budget.
- Coordinate & communicate with all internal departments on the finance related issues
Statutory Audit and Tax:
- Strong Knowledge in different types of Egyptian Taxes Law including VAT, WHT and Salary Tax
- Supports internal & external audit and ensure strong internal controls environment.
- Support on submitting various regulatory reports.
- Coordinate and support Statuary Tax Audits.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Bachelor degree in Finance & Accounting with
- 4-7 years of professional accounting experience
- Certifications (IFRS preferred)
- ERP Knowledge (preferred Oracle NetSuite).
- Superior spreadsheet skills and a working
- knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to exhibit composure, patience, and confidence when facing difficult situations
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral skills in a professional environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills, project management skills and Ability to work collaboratively with several teams.
- Communicates clearly and effectively using written and verbal skills to influence, negotiate and collaborate.
- Quickly adapts to changing circumstances and business conditions.
- Highly skilled and proficient at verifying financial or transactional data
- High ethical standards and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and data security.
Perks of working @ Axis
- Hybrid working conditions.
- Medical Insurance for You and your family.
- Life Insurance.
- Greek Campus gym subscription.
- Marriage leave policy.
- Very competitive leave policy including extended Maternity and Paternity leaves.