Senior Full Stack Developer
Baserow is on a mission to help everyone build applications faster, cheaper and easier. We want to give the power back to the users who understand best what is needed for their business. We are strong believers of open and extensible software.
Our open source no-code database is the best Airtable alternative for teams who would like to keep control of their data and want the flexibility to expand and customize their database.
You'll be building features from scratch and you have full ownership over the whole process. Build new functionality for internal and external users. Collaborate with the team to improve the codebase and product experience. Your changes have a direct impact.
It’s our goal to build an open source no-code tool that can be used by everyone, from hobbyist to enterprise. We want our software to be flexible, modular and fast. We have big plans for the future and you can be a part of it in an early phase.
Want to learn more about our software and tech stack? Take a look at the code at https://gitlab.com/baserow/baserow.
In this position you will
- Take full ownership of tasks within a small team
- Work on open source software, internal tools and our website
- Perform code reviews and help other team members if needed
- Write high quality and well documented code
- Work in a team where the best idea always wins
- Design RESTful APIs that provide an outstanding user experience
- 5+ years designing, developing and delivering highly scalable web solutions
- Solid Python and Django knowledge
- Experience with relational database systems like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with tools like Docker, GIT, webpack, SCSS, NGINX, pytest, Redis, Celery and eslint
- You live in Europe or in the United Kingdom, in the UTC time zone (London, Lisbon, Dakar) ± 2 hours
- Fluent or native in English
What we offer
- A good salary ranging from €4,000 to €7,000 based on your location and experience
- A fully remote position at a remote-first company
- A € 3000 budget for a laptop and other hardware
- Stock options and we are upfront about the amount
- A compensation for hot desking in a co-working space
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Application: Send us your application via email
- Screen: We will screen applications based on fit
- Interviews: Potential candidates will be invited up to two interviews via a video call
- Challenge: Potential candidates will be asked to do a coding challenge by picking up a small issue from the open source backlog
- Offer: Successful candidates will receive an offer
What it’s like to work at Baserow
Baserow employees have a passion for startups and like getting stuff done without being bogged down by bureaucracy. We practice agile methodologies meaning that our communication is open and that our project management is collaborative. Everyone is encouraged to offer their opinions and you'll be working directly with the founder. Fundamentally we are sensible and transparent company:
- Our working hours are flexible, we generally hold meetings and collaborate during normal working hours, but when life gets in the way it's not a problem.
- We trust our employees and won't micromanage you
- Feeling like a member of a remote team is important, so at the end of the week we hang out and look at our growth and achievements.
- We meet twice a year in person with the whole team. Our last meetup was in Barcelona and our next one is early May.
Something looks off?