Senior Backend Web Developer
We’re building the foundations of a novel, high performance, low-latency relational database system with a rich declarative semantic model, WebAssembly stored procedures, with pleasant API and tooling. Our initial use case starts with multiplayer games, but we’re interested in building out a generally awesome service for any shared-state, highly scaled application.
We are looking for a Backend Web App Developer to join our team to create a sleek and developer focused, user-friendly dashboard/app product from the ground up for using and managing our cutting edge database technology. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert when it comes to backend web development and have experience working on at least one successful developer focused web application. Their input and recommendations for features, security considerations, and improvements will be highly valued.
- Own and implement the backend architecture of the web app
- Implement features such as user profiles, sign-in, billing/payments, transactions and transaction history
- Ensure international compliance with information security
- Collaborate with our Front-End Web Developer to ensure smooth integration and security of backend systems
- Conduct security audits to identify and address vulnerabilities
- Continue to develop your own technical, collaboration, and leadership skills as the team grows
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar role, including proven experience working on production web applications that handle payments (over $10K/mth revenue)
- Proficiency in Node.js, Typescript, React, and server-side rendering
- Strong knowledge of Containerization, experience writing REST APIs and setting up OAuth2. GraphQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience with database systems such as Postgres
- Previous experience working collaboratively on a fully remote team
- Passion for web app development, demonstrated through personal projects and a genuine interest in the field
Clockwork Laboratories is a fully remote team. We meet daily so successful applicants will ideally be located within a UTC +2 to UTC -7 timezone.
This role will be a temporary contract position to start with potential to move to a permanent role.
As we are open to considering a range of experience and locations, the target base compensation is based on industry salary surveys and publicly available data and estimated to be +/- 15% of the 50th percentile for a Backend Web Developer in your geographical region with similar years and type of experience.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable compensation based on market location as well as an individual candidate’s specific qualifications for an open role. Offers may be adjusted based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
As an example, the expected base pay range at the start of employment for a senior level applicant residing in the United States is expected to be in between $100,000.00 and $160,000 USD per year depending on the factors above. Applicants with senior experience in higher cost of labour states may expect to be in the higher end of the range, while mid experience applicants in lower cost of labour states may be in the lower end. Offers for applicants from other countries may be outside of this range and offers will be based on the regional norms and the requirements of each location.
Subject to the same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include equity awards, a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.