Senior Unreal Engineer
coherence is a tech startup in the games industry, working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Read more about coherence here.
Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development.
We are looking for an experienced Unreal Developer who will initiate and champion the process of building the Unreal SDK for the coherence engine and platform. You will be working alongside the Unity SDK, engine and online development teams, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to design and develop our Unreal SDK, including plugins, tools and sample projects. You will be involved in extending the Unreal SDK development team through hiring and recruiting external partners.
The design and roadmap will be influenced by the requirements and requests of our first customers using Unreal. You will have direct contact with their developers, listen to their feedback and help ensure their and our success. This role will require great coordination efforts and patience as you will be working in an environment of uncertainty and frequent changes.
- Explore and define how our platform and engine will be supported on Unreal.
- Design and develop the coherence SDK and tools for the Unreal Engine.
- Coordinate with the Unity SDK team and transform the C# SDK to C++.
- Review and improve development pipelines and UX of the coherence Unreal tool set.
- Collaborate with and coordinate an external development team to support Unreal SDK development.
- Translate internal and external feedback into feature and functionality designs and specifications.
- Develop sample and tutorial projects to highlight and explain SDK features and tools.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience working in and with Unreal.
- Development experience with Unreal 5.
- Excellent coding skills, fluent especially with C++.
- Strong mathematical and fundamental computer science skills.
- Basic knowledge of functional testing in Unreal Engine.
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and targets.
- Passion for multiplayer games and their potential.
- Experience with network and multiplayer programming.
- Experience developing tools with and for Unreal.
- Development experience with and for Unity.
- Experience with GitHub and continuous integration environments.
- Experience contributing in open source projects.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.
Something looks off?