Senior Network Programmer
coherence is a tech startup in the games industry, working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Read more about coherence here.
Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development.
As a senior network programmer, you will help us make our protocols and tech more scalable, faster, leaner and more reliable. You will build new features, optimize existing ones and influence the vision for our data-oriented technology stack.
You will be involved in the development of the various parts of coherence such as the SDK, the network engine, game engine integrations, backend systems and showcase games.
We are looking for experienced and passionate programmers to help design, develop, deploy and maintain our code. Our ideal candidate values creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and a commitment to quality and reliability.
- Design and develop services and features and improve and maintain existing functionality in our network engine and SDK.
- Write high quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve overall networking performance.
- Improve low level network systems to give developers a great development experience.
- Work within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote.
- Identify and surface risks in the areas that you are working on.
- 5+ years of professional experience in network or multiplayer programming roles.
- Relevant experience with network protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, also gRPC and others).
- Excellent coding skills, fluent preferably in Go or C#.
- Working experience with Unity or Unreal.
- Strong mathematical and fundamental computer science skills.
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Passion for multiplayer games and their potential.
- Experience with GitHub and continuous integration environments.
- Experience with optimization, multi-threaded systems, and memory management.
- Knowledge in and experience with DOTS / ECS.
- Enthusiasm for open source.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.