Senior Backend Programmer
coherence is a tech startup in the games industry, working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Read more about coherence here.
Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development.
As a backend programmer, you will help us architect and build services, web applications, tools and APIs to facilitate monitoring, orchestration and handling of edge cases for servers with massive scaling and maximum performance goals.
You will implement new features, optimise existing ones and influence the vision for our data-oriented technology stack. Your work will be focused on scaling, cloud services and building load balancing tools as well as backend tools and services directly impacting the core network product.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate backend scaling programmer to help design, develop, deploy and maintain our code. Our ideal candidate values creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and a commitment to quality and reliability.
- Build backend tools and services directly impacting the core network product.
- Build services, tools and APIs to facilitate monitoring, orchestration and handling of edge cases for servers with massive scaling goals.
- Design, implement and improve Go backend code.
- Develop and maintain tools and products which makes using cloud-managed and large-scale Kubernetes / Nomad installations super accessible.
- Monitor and maintain production systems with minimal downtime.
- 5+ years of experience in backend, server and / or scale engineering.
- Strong proven programming skills.
- Extensive experience with AWS
- Experience with the HashiCorp Stack (Terraform, Nomad, Consul).
- Experience with cluster orchestration and management.
- Experience scaling systems to a large and varying number of users and across different regions.
- Database experience (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Experience with Go and C#.
- Shipped projects (games or otherwise).
- Enthusiasm for open source.
- Passion about games and their potential.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.
Something looks off?