Senior Unity Tools Programmer
coherence is a tech startup in the games industry, working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Read more about coherence here.
We’re looking for a Senior Unity Tools Programmer who will help us develop our SDK and tools pipeline.
Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development. As a Unity specialist, you’ll play an important role in creating and improving our Unity SDK, including plugins, tools and sample projects.
You will be joining our growing team of talented engineers developing a next generation network engine and tool set that will level the playing field for how multiplayer games are made. You’ll be working alongside the engine and backend teams in shaping the system to be highly accessible, easy-to-use and performant.
- Design and implement coherence SDK features, functionality and tools.
- Develop sample and tutorial projects to highlight and explain SDK features and tools.
- Review and improve development pipelines and UX of the coherence tool set.
- Support features and systems designed for production workflows in the network engine, plugins for third-party applications and productivity tools.
- Translate internal and external feedback into feature and functionality designs and specifications.
- Develop and showcase games that demo the true potential of our platform.
- 5+ years of experience of working in Games with Unity.
- Proven experience developing tools for Unity.
- Excellent coding skills, fluent especially with C#.
- Strong mathematical and fundamental computer science skills.
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Experience using Unity DOTS.
- Experience in game networking.
- Having worked on (and completed) your own game project of any scope.
- Experience with GitHub and continuous integration environments.
- Experience contributing in open source projects.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.
Something looks off?