Senior Backend Engineer
Hi, we are CreditBook!
CreditBook is a customer-centric platform that has gained the trust of millions of micro-businesses across Pakistan in a matter of months. Our platform leverages technology to help these businesses digitize their operations. We are proud to be at the forefront of accelerating the digitization of small and medium-sized businesses across Pakistan.
Starting with a simple digital ledger to track credit and expenses, we are working towards building accessible finance for millions of underserved businesses in Pakistan. Our success has been backed by leading investors from around the world, including Tiger Global, Firstminute Capital, Quiet Capital, and Better Tomorrow Ventures. We are just getting started and looking to expand our team.
At CreditBook, we are always on the lookout for individuals driven by curiosity and hunger to build for the future. If you want to be part of a company that prioritizes impact and customer satisfaction, with a team that has a proven track record of success in Pakistan, UAE and Europe, we encourage you to apply today!
Who are we looking for?
As a Senior Backend Engineer specializing in microservices, you will be a key contributor to our fast-growing product line. The focus will be on building scalable, reliable, and high-performance microservices capable of handling high-volume traffic securely and efficiently that will power a range of initiatives at Creditbook.
Working on a diverse team of backend, data, and full-stack engineers, you'll have the autonomy to manage cross-functional engineering projects and the chance to shape the direction of our team's roadmap. You'll also have the chance to innovate on our product and be a vocal advocate for excellence.
How you’ll make an impact
- Collaborate with the core team to design the overall architecture for our backend services. Come up with practical architecture designs, discover any external cloud services we might need, build demos to test and verify any tech/production constraints, and ultimately make product scale
- Implement business logic in our backend and shared libraries. You will also need to provide a way of quickly iterating on design updates, collecting analytics, and monitoring overall performance
- Support CI/CD for backend server code changes and think of creative ways to improve efficiency for the developer experience
- Design, develop, test, and maintain scalable and efficient backend systems
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code using best practices and coding standards
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, including frontend, data engineering, and platform, to ensure seamless integration of backend systems with other components of the streaming platform
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to peers to ensure code quality and consistency
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers to foster their professional growth
What we’d love to see
- Proficiency in one or more backend programming languages NodeJS and Python
- Sound knowledge of one or more web frameworks in ExpressJS and Django
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying microservices in a production environment; including understanding of service discovery, API gateway, load balancing, and fault tolerance
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Postgres) and/or NoSQL databases (MongoDB) including the ability to design and optimize database schemas, write efficient queries, and handle database performance tuning
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts, such as distributed caching, messaging queues, event-driven architectures, and eventual consistency, and experience with technologies such as Kafka, NATS streaming or Redis
- Ability to optimize backend systems for high performance, scalability, and reliability, including understanding of caching mechanisms, query optimization, and performance monitoring tools
- Strong skills in writing unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for backend applications.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, including continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), containerization technology (Docker), container orchestration platform (Kubernetes), and cloud platform (AWS)
- Proficiency in using version control systems, such as Git, for code collaboration, versioning, and branching strategies
- Experience with designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs. Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience working on systems/products collecting and processing event stream data, user data, analytics data, behavioral data
- Experience building production data processing systems
- Experience building products while the platform is being built
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive salary with health benefits
- Internal and external masterclasses from individuals at Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc.
- Become part of a multicultural team, spread across 3 continents.
- We believe in a remote first culture. Work when you want, how you want -- onsite or remote or both!
If you’re still nodding your head in agreement and this seems like a good fit, apply away— we’re looking for you!
Something looks off?