Full Stack Engineer
Hi, we are CreditBook!
CreditBook is building technology that seeks to improve financial outcomes for entrepreneurs. We are excited to be at the forefront of accelerating the digitization of small and medium-sized businesses across Pakistan.
The problem that we are solving for is that in emerging markets, a lack of access to technology at the micro and small-business level means that these businesses lack visibility on their cash flows, payables and receivables and spend onerous time and resources in managing paper registers. The resulting broken cashflows limit the ability of these entrepreneurs to use their capital in growing their business or acquiring customers. We're passionate about solving this problem at scale.
In the first 12-18 months, CreditBook has secured $11m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled its technology to tens of thousands of micro-businesses across Pakistan. Our success has been backed by leading investors from around the world, including Tiger Global, Firstminute Capital, Quiet Capital, and Better Tomorrow Ventures.
We are keen to partner with curious individuals, passionate about solving for this problem with us. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today!
Who we're looking for
We're on the lookout for the top 1% of talent around the world that are just getting their careers off the ground. If you are:
- Mission driven — you align with CreditBook's mission of improving financial outcomes for businesses in emerging markets
- User obsessed — no task is too big or too small when it comes to ensuring that users get the most value from your output.
- Curious — have a hunger for solving problems; the more complex the hungrier you get
- Reflective — in pursuit of being the best you continually reflect and take action on how to be the best
- Data driven — opinions are normative, but you use data to cite and bring evidence to anything you disagree with.
- Collaborative — you lend a helping hand to someone in need often.
- Clear — you listen to a question closely, and answer thoughtfully.
- Action oriented — you believe leadership is all about leading by example.
How you’ll make an impact
- Design, develop, test, and maintain scalable and efficient backend systems and frontend user experiences.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code as per the set coding standards
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, data engineering, and platform, to ensure seamless integration of systems with other components of the platform
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of technical documentation, API specifications, and user guides to facilitate seamless collaboration within and outside the team
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, bugs, and performance bottlenecks, providing timely support to maintain system uptime and user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement visually appealing and user-friendly frontend interfaces that align with the overall product vision.
- Conduct performance tuning and optimization exercises to ensure the application can handle increasing user loads and maintain high responsiveness.
- Conduct regular code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and code quality.
What we’d love to see
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Proficient in utilizing the Node.js ecosystem to develop scalable and efficient backend systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in building frontend applications using React/Next.js.
- Sound understanding of source control tools, such as Git, to manage and track code changes effectively.
- Well-versed in working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Redis to handle data storage and retrieval efficiently.
- Experience in successfully developing and launching software products in a professional environment.
What we offer (Benefits & Compensation)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health Insurance benefits
- Remote-first culture -- work when you want, how you want (on-site or remote or both)!
- Unlimited total paid leaves
- Engaging culture with company-wide weekly updates about business metrics and customer stories
- Yearly training sponsorship budget for teammates
- A feedback-heavy culture consisting of quarterly feedback cycles and regular 1:1 check-ins with one's manager
- Internal and external masterclasses from individuals at renowned global organizations
- People-first policies like early salary disbursement ahead of major holidays like Eid, Christmas and Holi
- Free lunch at the office on Tuesdays!
- Exposure to a multicultural team, spread across three continents
Just So You Know
CreditBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas come through broad exposure, diversity and healthy debate. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
We feel excited about learning from one another and getting unique, thoughtful, bold opinions -- we're excited for yours!