Junior Accounts Officer
Hi, we are CreditBook!
CreditBook is building technology that seeks to improve financial outcomes for entrepreneurs. We are excited to be at the forefront of accelerating the digitization of small and medium-sized businesses across Pakistan.
The problem that we are solving for is that in emerging markets, a lack of access to technology at the micro and small-business level means that these businesses lack visibility on their cash flows, payables and receivables and spend onerous time and resources in managing paper registers. The resulting broken cashflows limit the ability of these entrepreneurs to use their capital in growing their business or acquiring customers. We're passionate about solving this problem at scale.
In the first 12-18 months, CreditBook has secured $11m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled its technology to tens of thousands of micro-businesses across Pakistan. Our success has been backed by leading investors from around the world, including Tiger Global, Firstminute Capital, Quiet Capital, and Better Tomorrow Ventures.
We are keen to partner with curious individuals, passionate about solving for this problem with us. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today!
Who we're looking for
As a Junior Accounts Officer at CreditBook, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial records. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare daily bank reconciliation reports to ensure the accuracy of financial transactions.
- Prepare daily bank position reports to provide real-time insights into the company's cash position.
- Compile and analyze account information to prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries accurately.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions while promptly resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare payments and post month-end accruals/adjustments to ensure financial statements reflect accurate financial information.
- Accurately post entries in Quickbooks ERP to maintain up-to-date financial records.
- Possess sound knowledge of income tax and sales tax regulations and ensure compliance with tax requirements.
- Be a valuable team member, actively participating in problem-solving and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in MS Excel to analyze financial data and prepare reports.
- Possess basic knowledge of lending guidelines and principles, contributing to a well-rounded understanding of financial operations.
What we’d love to see
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven experience as an Accountant or similar role.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks ERP and MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of income tax and sales tax regulations.
- Familiarity with lending guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
What we offer (Benefits & Compensation)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health Insurance benefits
- Unlimited total paid leaves
- Engaging culture with company-wide weekly updates about business metrics and customer stories
- Yearly training sponsorship budget for teammates
- A feedback-heavy culture consisting of quarterly feedback cycles and regular 1:1 check-ins with one's manager
- Internal and external masterclasses from individuals at renowned global organizations
- People-first policies like early salary disbursement ahead of major holidays like Eid, Christmas and Holi
- Free lunch at the office on Tuesdays!
- Exposure to a multicultural team, spread across three continents
Just So You Know
CreditBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas come through broad exposure, diversity and healthy debate. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
We feel excited about learning from one another and getting unique, thoughtful, bold opinions -- we're excited for yours!