Business Development Manager
Hi, we are CreditBook!
CreditBook is building technology that seeks to improve financial outcomes for entrepreneurs. We are excited to be at the forefront of accelerating the digitization of small and medium-sized businesses across Pakistan.
The problem that we are solving for is that in emerging markets, a lack of access to technology at the micro and small-business level means that these businesses lack visibility on their cash flows, payables and receivables and spend onerous time and resources in managing paper registers. The resulting broken cashflows limit the ability of these entrepreneurs to use their capital in growing their business or acquiring customers. We're passionate about solving this problem at scale.
In the first 12-18 months, CreditBook has secured $11m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled its technology to tens of thousands of micro-businesses across Pakistan. Our success has been backed by leading investors from around the world, including Tiger Global, Firstminute Capital, Quiet Capital, and Better Tomorrow Ventures.
We are keen to partner with curious individuals, passionate about solving for this problem with us. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today!
How you’ll make an impact
As a Business Development Manager at CreditBook, you'll be at the front lines, leading our ambitious and dynamic on-ground execution with experiments, new verticals and growing current products to build and scale one of the fastest growing B2B companies in MENAP.
- Actively collaborating with clients and suppliers.
- Reviewing and documenting sales performance against defined KPIs.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Ensuring seamless client experience.
- Managing suppliers to ensure sourcing at competitive prices and supply availability.
- Identifying pain points of the client in current traditional system and running pilots for new initiatives.
- Assisting in building out a network of clients and suppliers.
- Assisting in building out a sales team to carry out the aforementioned tasks.
What we’d love to see
- 2+ years of demonstrated track record leading sales or development at a medium/large company
- You are a self-starter with a bias to action, and you have the ability to manage complex projects with limited resources and competing priorities
- User satisfaction is at the core of everything you do - empathy, understanding, and optimism to understand our users and help them succeed.
- You love getting your hands dirty - being in the field, interacting with people, and are comfortable in a variety of environments
- You are an ace at documentation - with the volume of requests/feedback, things need to be structured and streamlined for the entire organization to access and understand the treasure trove of information we gather on a daily basis
- You can collaborate across multiple disciplines - data, marketing, operations, and sales.
- You articulate clearly, having honed excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You can turn problems into stories that people want to care about.
- You have a strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle.
- You’re fluent in English and Urdu, with excellent speaking and writing skills - regional languages are a huge plus.
- You're comfortable conversing with our user base, both over the phone/computer as well as in person
What we offer (Benefits & Compensation)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health Insurance benefits
- Remote-first culture -- work when you want, how you want (on-site or remote or both)!
- Unlimited total paid leaves
- Engaging culture with company-wide weekly updates about business metrics and customer stories
- Yearly training sponsorship budget for teammates
- A feedback-heavy culture consisting of quarterly feedback cycles and regular 1:1 check-ins with one's manager
- Internal and external masterclasses from individuals at renowned global organizations
- People-first policies like early salary disbursement ahead of major holidays like Eid, Christmas and Holi
- Free lunch at the office on Tuesdays!
- Exposure to a multicultural team, spread across three continents
Just So You Know
CreditBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas come through broad exposure, diversity and healthy debate. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
We feel excited about learning from one another and getting unique, thoughtful, bold opinions -- we're excited for yours!