Product Designer I
Hi, we are CreditBook!
CreditBook is building technology that seeks to improve financial outcomes for entrepreneurs. We are excited to be at the forefront of accelerating the digitization of small and medium-sized businesses across Pakistan.
The problem that we are solving for is that in emerging markets, a lack of access to technology at the micro and small-business level means that these businesses lack visibility on their cash flows, payables and receivables and spend onerous time and resources in managing paper registers. The resulting broken cashflows limit the ability of these entrepreneurs to use their capital in growing their business or acquiring customers. We're passionate about solving this problem at scale.
In the first 12-18 months, CreditBook has secured $11m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled its technology to tens of thousands of micro-businesses across Pakistan. Our success has been backed by leading investors from around the world, including Tiger Global, Firstminute Capital, Quiet Capital, and Better Tomorrow Ventures.
We are keen to partner with curious individuals, passionate about solving for this problem with us. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today!
How you’ll make an impact
- Taking broad, conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable for our b2b users
- Being part of the discussion about product strategy and vision (not just 'how should this look' but also 'what should we build next') to meet and enhance business goals across the company
- Designing flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Opportunity to help take products from 0 to 1 and learn from other stakeholders — giving and soliciting feedback from other designers and data analysts to continually reiterate and improve
- Partnering with product managers, engineers and data analysts to oversee people's experience with features from conception to launch
- Taking part in defining a design system to be used across multiple products
- Taking part in user research to reflect product design decisions more accurately
- Opportunity to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
What we’d love to see
- 1+ year of demonstrated experience with end-to-end (UX/UI) product design in a company — product experience is a bonus
- Strong communication skills (able to clearly articulate design decisions)
- Strong design point-of-view and a high level of comfort with opposing opinions
- Experience participating in design research, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Experience working from and contributing to established design systems / design language
- Strong problem-solving skills, fast-learning, and a willingness to work with data
- Comfort with prototyping tools — experience in using Figma is preferred
What we offer (Benefits & Compensation)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health Insurance benefits
- Remote-first culture -- work when you want, how you want (on-site or remote or both)!
- Unlimited total paid leaves
- Engaging culture with company-wide weekly updates about business metrics and customer stories
- Yearly training sponsorship budget for teammates
- A feedback-heavy culture consisting of quarterly feedback cycles and regular 1:1 check-ins with one's manager
- Internal and external masterclasses from individuals at renowned global organizations
- People-first policies like early salary disbursement ahead of major holidays like Eid, Christmas and Holi
- Free lunch at the office on Tuesdays!
- Exposure to a multicultural team, spread across three continents
Just So You Know
CreditBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas come through broad exposure, diversity and healthy debate. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
We feel excited about learning from one another and getting unique, thoughtful, bold opinions -- we're excited for yours!