Process Engineer lll - Pilot Bioprocess Operations
Fork & Goode
Job Description: Process Engineer III – Pilot Bioprocess Operations
Primary location: Jersey City, NJ
Fork & Good is developing new approaches to growing meat without livestock. Our approach addresses critical food safety issues, cuts out the immense resources needed for livestock, and avoids animal slaughter. We are using innovative cell culture technologies to grow cells for products that have the meat flavor we crave and the key nutrients we need. We have 80+ years of combined experience in food business and science, developed one of the first prototypes of clean meat in 2011, and was the first team who had approved intellectual property (i.e. patents) in the cultured meat space in the US. Learn more about us at www.forkandgood.com.
We are looking for an energetic, adaptable person who is excited by the opportunity to engage in cutting edge science and technology applied to a critical field. In this role, this person will lead efforts to optimize and validate Fork & Good’s pilot bioprocess. Candidates are expected to lead and execute projects geared towards bringing Fork & Good’s bioprocess to manufacturability. This position will report directly to the Principal Process Engineer / Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
· B.S. (6+ years relevant experience), M.S. (3+ years relevant experience), or PhD (1-3 years relevant experience) in biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioprocess engineering, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, or related discipline
· At least 3 years of industrial experience in either upstream process development, process automation, or cGMP aseptic manufacturing
· Must have experience working with stainless steel bioreactors or tanks with steam-in-place (SIP), clean-in-place (CIP), harvesting, and filtration technologies
· Hands-on experience working with adherent or suspension cell lines in a pilot or equivalent setting
· Hands-on experience troubleshooting PLC-based bioreactor hardware
· Thorough understanding of risk-mitigation strategies and tools for manufacturing
· Work in cross-functional projects with process development group
· Lead documentation efforts to validate pilot process including commissioning, qualification, and process validation
· Hands-on experience with perfusion technologies is a plus
· Experience working with external CDMO or CROs is a plus
· Proficiency in statistical data analysis (i.e. Prism, Minitab, JMP, Microsoft Excel)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work independently, and manage timelines to deliver results in accordance to company goals
· The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams
· Experience maintaining morale and contributing to a strong culture while respecting company values
· Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience
· Full benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.
· Option to contribute to 401(k)
Fork & Good is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.