At Gen H, our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to become a homeowner. To achieve this, we’re building a home buying process that is simple, transparent and fair.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by institutional & angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means having high standards you set for yourself, working with urgency, and owning the outcomes of your work. We expect our people to be humble and communicate openly and honestly with one another.
And that’s where you come in:
As a Conveyancing Assistant, your mission is to provide high quality support to your supervisor and other conveyancers in the team to ensure that our clients have the best possible experience throughout their transaction. You will need to manage your workload proactively to ensure that our legal processes operate in a timely and effective manner, adhering to all quality and regulatory standards.
As a Conveyancing Assistant at Gen H Legal, you will:
- Initially be shadowing your supervisor working through conveyancing matters from start to finish, with a view to taking a more autonomous role in running files over time, always with appropriate supervision
- Assist with new client enquiries, provide costs estimates and open files using our case management system
- Preparing correspondence and documents for your supervisor’s review, utilising the precedent bank within the case management system
- Keeping matters tidy and in order, ensuring all tasks are up-to-date and dealt with promptly
- Liaising with the accounts team in relation to monies on account
- Being point of contact for clients in the absence of the supervisor, with a view to becoming the main point of contact, taking messages and following up where necessary
- Attending clients both in person and on the telephone providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and introducers
- Comply with all internal and external audits
- Work following the firm’s detailed policies and procedures
- Compliant with all regulatory standards and requirements
You would be a perfect fit as a Conveyancing Assistant if you:
- Strong understanding of the stages of a conveyancing transaction
- Are conscientious, self-driven and a quick learner
- Very well organised and have excellent administrative and communication skills
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Friendly and professional attitude
- Are capable of using the firm’s case management system and working in a paperless office
- Are excited to help Gen H Legal drive positive change in the conveyancing industry
The application process consists of an intro call with our Recruiter, followed by an on-site meeting with our Conveyancing team. We aim to get to know you better in the on-site interview, whilst giving you an opportunity to see our working environment in action!
What we have to offer
- £30,000 salary
- SRA / CLC / CILEX professional fees covered
- £1,000 annual CPD training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 Annual contributions on your behalf to Beam, a charity providing re-skilling for people affected by homelessness
- Flexible and hybrid working available #LI-HYBRID
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or Cover Letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.