Head of Mortgage Operations
At Gen H, our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to become a homeowner. To achieve this, we’re building a home buying process that is simple, transparent and fair.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by institutional & angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means having high standards you set for yourself, working with urgency, and owning the outcomes of your work. We expect our people to be humble and communicate openly and honestly with one another.
And that’s where you come in:
We're looking for a Head of Mortgage Operations who will deliver outstanding outcomes for Gen H customers while ensuring that we remain compliant in the performance of our regulated activities. Your team includes two managers leading servicing and direct sales, and five individual contributors. You will be responsible for our customer and mortgage operations across webchat and telephony support, advised sales, completions and servicing functions.
As Head of Mortgage Operations, you will be responsible for:
Effective team leadership based on trust and support
- Overseeing day-to-day mortgage operations & 1st line supervision
- Maintaining a robust Training & Competence framework for operations teams
- Leading the performance management of operations teams
- Owning capacity planning and hiring for customer operations functions
- Providing robust and high frequency management information for your areas of ownership
- Driving positive company-wide change through the fostering of effective cross-team communication and collaboration
Ensuring outstanding customer outcomes
- Overseeing customer communications (webchat, e-mail, telephone) & customer content delivery (marketing materials, website etc)
- Owning and developing customer processes that are aligned with company policy and respond to new product developments
- Agreeing SLAs with senior leadership and ensuring delivery against them
- Providing appropriate support to Vulnerable Customers
- Complaints handling
Maintaining regulatory controls
- Delivering customer outcomes and outcome monitoring that meet the standards expected of firms under the Consumer Duty
- Operating a Quality Assurance framework that provides high frequency and actionable insights into performance across teams
- Maintaining well structured policies and process documentation that create effective controls and enable robust oversight
- A deep understanding of the mortgage market, its products and services
- A robust knowledge of the regulatory environment and the ability to deliver compliant service standards with a strong first-line control framework
- Strong primary servicing knowledge (with experience in special servicing desirable)
- Experience managing a team of mortgage advisers for a mortgage lender or high street bank is desirable
- A commitment to delivering outstanding customer outcomes and putting customer at the heart of all that you do
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and drive results in a fast-paced environment
What we have to offer
- £75,000-90,000 base salary (dependent on experience)
- Meaningful Equity Shares
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Hybrid working with 2-3 days a week in our London office #li-hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or Cover Letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.