Chief Risk Officer
At Gen H, our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to become a homeowner. To achieve this, we’re building a home buying process that is simple, transparent and fair.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by institutional & angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means having high standards you set for yourself, working with urgency, and owning the outcomes of your work. We expect our people to be humble and communicate openly and honestly with one another.
And that’s where you come in:
We're looking for an experienced risk professional to lead our Risk & Compliance team and work closely with our CEO to build a strong, sustainable business. As Chief Risk Officer at Gen H you:
- have a breadth of experience across key risk areas (conduct, financial crime, operational risk and credit);
- are a strong communicator and can talk in detail about how you would approach the role and solve concrete problems;
- have a pragmatic approach to the role of Risk in a business, namely when to be hands on, when to advise, and when to challenge;
- are a self starter who works with humility and determination to drive the business forward.
- Assume the prescribed responsibilities of SMF 4 and SMF 16.
- Develop and implement an effective risk management framework that aligns with the company's strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain risk policies and procedures that are well suited to the needs of the business and aligned with industry best practice.
- Provide effective risk advisory support to all areas of the business.
- Operate a robust second line oversight function, owning the firm's Compliance Monitoring Plan and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Monitor emerging risks and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with senior management and other stakeholders to develop risk-based solutions that support the company's strategic goals.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to the team ensure a culture of risk awareness and compliance.
- Develop and lead a team of high-performing risk professionals.
- At least 10 years of experience in consumer banking and risk management, preferably with specific experience in the mortgage market.
- Strong understanding of the UK financial services regulatory environment, including a robust knowledge of MCOB.
- Breadth of experience across different risks areas including operational risk, credit risk, financial crime risk and compliance.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing effective risk management frameworks and strategies.
- Ability to assess and manage complex risk issues and communicate them in a clear and concise manner to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience leading and developing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Professional certification in Risk Management is preferred, such as FRM, PRM, or CRM
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or Cover Letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.