Legal Advisor - Mortgage Operations
At Gen H, our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to become a homeowner. To achieve this, we’re building a home buying process that is simple, transparent and fair.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by institutional & angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means having high standards you set for yourself, working with urgency, and owning the outcomes of your work. We expect our people to be humble and communicate openly and honestly with one another.
And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for a Legal advisor – Mortgage operations who is enthusiastic, technically excellent and passionate about ensuring outstanding service delivery and customer outcomes. We need a Legal Advisor who is keen to learn and develop and who is excited by the prospect of a varied and interesting role within our operations team.
Day to day, your role as Legal advisor – Mortgage operations will consist of -
- answering conveyancing enquiries submitted by our panel of lawyers whilst our loans are in the conveyancing stage.
- reporting to the Head of Mortgage Operations and managing the completions team to ensure our cases progress effectively through the completions stage.
- working with our panel manager LMS to manage our conveyancing panel, which will involve auditing firms, attending advisory group meetings and processing exception requests amongst other matters.
- creating and managing Land Registry user accounts and other functions as a Land Registry Administrator.
- providing support and advice to colleagues on legal matters as and when required.
- working with operations to review, streamline and enhance their processes and procedures.
- Qualified property lawyer: We're looking for a Legal advisor – Mortgage operations with a minimum PQE of 3 years, able to work independently without supervision and with a strong up to date knowledge of conveyancing processes.
- Land Registry administration experience: experience with Land Registry procedures and account management.
- Leadership and management skills: past experience leading a team, problem-solving, decision making and coaching.
- Hybrid working: this role includes the flexibility of hybrid working but we need someone able to attend the office at least one day per week.
What we have to offer:
- £55k-65k Salary
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental well-being support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Hybrid working (one day a week onsite in London) and a comparatively better work-life balance compared to a private practice #li-hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or Cover Letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.