At Gen H, our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to become a homeowner. To achieve this, we’re building a home buying process that is simple, transparent and fair.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by institutional & angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means having high standards you set for yourself, working with urgency, and owning the outcomes of your work. We expect our people to be humble and communicate openly and honestly with one another.
And that’s where you come in:
As a mortgage advisor at Gen H you have the privilege and responsibility of advising our customers on what is likely the biggest investment of their lives. You will educate and nurture home buyers as they seek affordability solutions and navigate the minefield that is home-buying in England and Wales.
Your focus is on customer outcomes and creating more homeowners. As a mortgage advisor at Gen H, you also play a critical role in providing feedback to the product and engineering team to ensure we're building a next-level home-buying experience for our customers.
- Provide mortgage advice on our product range to potential customers by instilling confidence and reassurance
- Identify and understand their current and future needs for mortgage products, offering up well-considered ideas and solutions
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to meet customer needs across the business
- Proactively develop and strengthen customer relationships to ensure that we have sufficiently supported their needs at every stage of the home-buying journey
- Completing live chat conversations, manage emails and outbound calls
- You must hold a full CeMAP qualification or equivalent (RO1 & CF6)
- Two years+ experience as a Mortgage Advisor, advising customers on mortgage products for a lender/high street bank. (Please note that all offers will be made subject to a satisfactory background check and employer/regulatory references.)
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and peers
- Strong understanding of the mortgage market, products, and services
- Ability to ensure delivery of our compliance and quality measures to a satisfactory level
- Complete customer advice calls from the office two days a week and from home three days a week
- Working hours are 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday, with two evening shifts a week (12pm-8:30pm) and one weekend day every other week for which you will get a day in lieu during the week. (Please note that evening and weekend shifts are worked from home)
The application process consists of a phone call with the recruiter or hiring manager, a competency interview via video, an onsite values interview and a final interview via video with one of our founders.
What we have to offer
- Up to £43,000 Salary
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Hybrid working with 2-3 days a week in our London office #li-hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or Cover Letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.