Head of Intermediary Sales
Everyone should have the opportunity to own a home. But the system is broken. House prices have grown faster than incomes for decades, and thousands of people have been locked out of homeownership and the opportunities it can bring.
We’re rebuilding the homebuying process to make it simple, transparent and fair.
How? We’re building a seamless, end-to-end homebuying service to help more people find their place on the property ladder with flexible mortgages and fairer prices. We bring market-leading service, competitive rates and our own conveyancing to support everyone from first-time buyers to home movers and remortgagers – all under one roof.
The challenge is huge, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means proactively embracing new challenges, working comfortably with deadlines and taking initiative. We value honesty and humility, and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
Harnessing innovative tech and the talent of our smart, ambitious team, we’re building a fairer mortgage market. If you can help us move the dial, we want to hear from you.
- Mentor the intermediary sales team, providing guidance, training and support to ensure their success in achieving sales targets and business objectives.
- Maintain a high-performance culture within the team, promoting collaboration, professionalism and accountability.
- Nurture strong relationships with mortgage intermediaries, networks and compliance service providers.
- Regularly engage with intermediaries to understand their needs, address concerns and gather feedback to improve service and products.
- Adopt a robust distribution oversight framework, ensuring all key risk indicators are raised and managed across intermediary firms and networks.
- Execute the intermediary sales strategy and align it to the business goals and objectives while ensuring regulation and compliance are at the heart of all activity.
- Monitor industry and business trends, delivering approaches to gain market share and increase mortgage lending.
- Monitor intermediary sales performance, research key metrics and present regular reports to key individuals across the business.
- Utilise data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement, gain market share with intermediary accounts and implement corrective measures.
- Conduct regular competitor and market research to stay informed on market trends and competitors.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements related to intermediary activities.
- Monitor key risk indicators and implement required action to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with other departments such as marketing, underwriting, operations, and product and conduct risk teams.
- A degree in business, finance or a related field is preferred
- Proven experience in a management role working for a residential mortgage lender
- In-depth knowledge of intermediary sales and distribution channels in the mortgage market
- Strong understanding of mortgage products, underwriting processes, and regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication, negotiation, relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to research data, draw insights and make data-driven choices
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving profitable business growth
- Phone call with our recruiter
- Video interview with our hiring manager
- Onsite interview with cross-functional team members
- Final interview via video
What we have to offer
- £70,000 - £80,000 Salary
- Attractive commission structure
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Access to Bippit, an all-in-one financial wellbeing platform, which includes unlimited 1:1 coaching from a finance professional
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Hybrid working with one day a week onsite in our London office #li-hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or cover letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.