Risk & Compliance Senior Associate
Everyone should have the opportunity to own a home. But the system is broken. House prices have grown faster than incomes for decades, and thousands of people have been locked out of homeownership and the opportunities it can bring.
We’re rebuilding the homebuying process to make it simple, transparent and fair.
How? We’re building a seamless, end-to-end homebuying service to help more people find their place on the property ladder with flexible mortgages and fairer prices. We bring market-leading service, competitive rates and our own conveyancing to support everyone from first-time buyers to home movers and remortgagers – all under one roof.
The challenge is huge, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means proactively embracing new challenges, working comfortably with deadlines and taking initiative. We value honesty and humility, and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
Harnessing innovative tech and the talent of our smart, ambitious team, we’re building a fairer mortgage market. If you can help us move the dial, we want to hear from you.
As a Risk & Compliance Senior Associate, you’ll get stuck into operational compliance work, with a focus on 2LOD ongoing monitoring and oversight activities. You will have the opportunity to support on various mortgage risk and compliance issues, helping Gen H colleagues in understanding and embedding regulatory requirements. You will be proactive and passionate about identifying and taking action where consumer detriment may be happening.
As Risk & Compliance Senior Associate, you will focus on:
- 2LOD monitoring activities, including supporting with scoping and delivering ongoing monitoring reviews as part of Gen H’s risk and compliance monitoring plan.
- Support with producing evidenced based reports and MI to update senior management on findings
- 1LOD advice and support
- Supporting in maintaining policies and procedures
- Supporting with compliance training across Gen H
We’re looking for an ambitious Risk & Compliance Senior Associate, passionate about delivering amazing customer outcomes. You proactively embrace new challenges and are comfortable working with deadlines. You’re an honest communicator and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
From a technical perspective, you:
- Have mid-senior financial services regulatory compliance and 2LOD oversight monitoring experience in the mortgage space.
- Have experience across the mortgage customer journey (product governance, sales and advice, responsible lending, servicing, arrears and repossessions) and are familiar with MCOB.
- Have a good understanding of governance, conduct risk management and compliance monitoring.
- Possess retail conduct regulatory experience.
- Financial crime knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
- Data protection knowledge or experience would be beneficial
If you’re passionate about improving the home-buying experience, are proactive and happy to roll up your sleeves, then we would love to hear from you!
What we have to offer
- £45,000 - 60,000 base salary depending on experience
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 Annual contributions on your behalf to Beam, a charity providing re-skilling for people affected by homelessness
- Hybrid working
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or cover letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.