Everyone should have the opportunity to own a home. But the system is broken. House prices have grown faster than incomes for decades, and thousands of people have been locked out of homeownership and the opportunities it can bring.
We’re rebuilding the homebuying process to make it simple, transparent and fair.
How? We’re building a seamless, end-to-end homebuying service to help more people find their place on the property ladder with flexible mortgages and fairer prices. We bring market-leading service, competitive rates and our own conveyancing to support everyone from first-time buyers to home movers and remortgagers – all under one roof.
The challenge is huge, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means proactively embracing new challenges, working comfortably with deadlines and taking initiative. We value honesty and humility, and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
Harnessing innovative tech and the talent of our smart, ambitious team, we’re building a fairer mortgage market. If you can help us move the dial, we want to hear from you.
So far, we’ve built a new type of digital lender focused on helping individuals get on the housing ladder. Next, we're supporting customers with the best conveyancing service in the market, helping customers make informed choices when applying with us, and enhancing our accounting system to improve our payment processes.
These plans need exceptional software engineers interested in fixing a large, broken market in the following ways:
- Working cross-functionally: We work in small, cross-functional teams with occasional ops and commercial team members. You will work closely with other teams to understand customer pain points and create solutions.
- Product development: Our engineers work on the end to end delivery of our products. This approach includes identifying opportunities to help get our customers into homes, building solutions, rollout, learning from our progress and iterating.
- Full-stack development: We work across the stack in many capacities, including web development, integrating partner solutions, customer application flows, backend accounting systems, tools for our operational teams, building APIs and much more.
We look for Software Engineers who:
- Have backend/full-stack commercial experience building software products.
- Care deeply about customers: we measure our success by how many people we bring into homes. If you're excited about solving customer problems, let us know!
- Are great to get along with: If you're a team player, we'd love to hear from you.
- Are open to different technologies and tasks: Our engineering team is available to diverse coding backgrounds if you're willing to play with Ruby on Rails, React and TypeScript.
- Don’t think you tick all the boxes? That’s fine! We look for mission-driven engineers with different skills and abilities, so please apply and let us get to know you a bit better.
The interview process involves a short intro call, a technical interview (1hr30m), a values interview (1hr30m) and a call with our founder/head of engineering (30-45m). While these are typically conducted over video call, we can arrange an onsite visit too!
What we have to offer
- £60,000 - £85,000 (mid) and up to £110k (senior) base salary
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Access to the Gen H Wellness Strategy
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Access to Bippit, an all-in-one financial wellbeing platform, which includes unlimited 1:1 coaching from a finance professional
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Therapy and mental health support through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch & Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Flexible / hybrid working (at least 1-2 days a week onsite) #LI-hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or cover letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.