Senior Proposition Manager
Everyone should have the opportunity to own a home. But the system is broken. House prices have grown faster than incomes for decades, and thousands of people have been locked out of homeownership and the opportunities it can bring.
We’re rebuilding the homebuying process to make it simple, transparent and fair.
How? We’re building a seamless, end-to-end homebuying service to help more people find their place on the property ladder with flexible mortgages and fairer prices. We bring market-leading service, competitive rates and our own conveyancing to support everyone from first-time buyers to home movers and remortgagers – all under one roof.
The challenge is huge, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means proactively embracing new challenges, working comfortably with deadlines and taking initiative. We value honesty and humility, and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
Harnessing innovative tech and the talent of our smart, ambitious team, we’re building a fairer mortgage market. If you can help us move the dial, we want to hear from you.
As Senior Proposition Manager, you will play an essential role in helping Gen H improve customer outcomes. You will guide Gen H in meeting Consumer Duty expectations when developing and implementing new products and services. You will be responsible for good governance, monitoring and management of our mortgage products to ensure they continue to offer fair value and meet the needs of our customers. Additionally, you will look at ways of optimising our products (ranges, features, criteria) in the market.
Day to day, your role as Proposition Manager will consist of:
- Optimising our mortgage range positioning externally in Sourcing Engines, Aggregators and with key distribution partners.
- Proposition performance management: monitoring, reviews, development.
- Coordinating internal and external stakeholders in the execution of change.
- Day to day responsibility of Product & Services (PIS), Fair Value Assessment under Consumer Duty.
- Customer documentation development and management.
- Guide on the development of innovative and purpose-lead mortgage proposition.
You would be a great fit as Senior Proposition Manager at Gen H if you have:
- Good experience of end to end mortgage proposition development and delivery in a mortgage environment.
- Proven experience with commercial/P&L, risk management, legal and marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of UK Mortgage market including products, mortgage lenders, regulatory and consumer trends.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to cooperate with Product/Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Credit and Capital Markets teams.
- Knowledge of fintechs and fast changing work environments.
- Project management experience.
The interview consists of a phone/video call with our recruiter, a 1hr30m minute skills-based interview via video with our hiring manager, and an onsite 1-hour values interview. We also like to conclude with a short final conversation with one of our founders. During each stage, we will reserve time to answer your questions and ensure this is the right opportunity for you.
What we have to offer
- £70,000 - £90,000 base salary depending on experience
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Access to the Gen H Wellness Strategy
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 Annual contributions on your behalf to Beam, a charity providing re-skilling for people affected by homelessness
- Remote working (1-2 days a month onsite in our London office) #li-remote
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or cover letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.