Everyone should have the opportunity to own a home. But the system is broken. House prices have grown faster than incomes for decades, and thousands of people have been locked out of homeownership and the opportunities it can bring.
We’re rebuilding the homebuying process to make it simple, transparent and fair.
How? We’re building a seamless, end-to-end homebuying service to help more people find their place on the property ladder with flexible mortgages and fairer prices. We bring market-leading service, competitive rates and our own conveyancing to support everyone from first-time buyers to home movers and remortgagers – all under one roof.
The challenge is huge, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer outcomes. Working at Gen H means proactively embracing new challenges, working comfortably with deadlines and taking initiative. We value honesty and humility, and thrive in a humble, low-ego environment.
Harnessing innovative tech and the talent of our smart, ambitious team, we’re building a fairer mortgage market. If you can help us move the dial, we want to hear from you.
As a Conveyancer of our CLC-regulated conveyancing team - Gen H Legal - you can have a real impact on the direction and growth of the business. We’re looking for a someone as determined as we are to deliver outstanding outcomes for every single customer.
Reporting to our Head of Legal Practice, your mission is to provide an exceptional conveyancing service to your clients whilst contributing to the growth and development of the firm. You will need to manage your workload proactively to ensure that our legal processes operate in a timely and effective manner, adhering to all quality and regulatory standards.
As a Conveyancer at Gen H Legal, you will:
- Conduct your own caseload, including sales, purchases, transfers and re-mortgages of residential leasehold and freehold property (registered, unregistered, new builds)
- Carry out lease extensions and auction transactions
- Supervise junior fee earners and support staff
- Manage and build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and introducers
- Comply with all internal and external audits
- Share information and best practice with colleagues wherever possible
- Follow the firm’s detailed policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards and requirements
You would be a perfect fit as Conveyancer if you:
- Are a qualified solicitor, licenced conveyancer or legal executive with at least 1 years PQE
- Have a strong understanding of conveyancing and a proactive attitude to risk management
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Are conscientious, self-driven and a quick learner
- Have excellent administrative and communication skills
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Are capable of using the firm’s case management system and working in a paperless office
- Have general commercial and financial awareness
- Are excited to help Gen H Legal drive positive change in the conveyancing industry
The application process consists of a phone screen with our recruiter and a 20-minute written test. If this goes well, we will invite you to a one-hour competency interview via video, and then a one-hour onsite values interview. The final interview will be a thirty-minute video call with our founder.
What we have to offer
- £45,000 - 55,000 salary based on experience
- SRA / CLC / CILEX professional fees covered
- £1,000 annual CPD training budget
- Access to the Gen H Wellness Strategy
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 Annual contributions on your behalf to Beam, a charity providing re-skilling for people affected by homelessness
- Hybrid working with two-three days a week onsite in our London office #Li-Hybrid
We want everyone to become a homeowner. To achieve this mission, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We would love to hear from mission-oriented candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to revolutionise home-buying and who can demonstrate they have the skills and experience required for this role, so please do reach out! Read more about why we value diversity in our careers page.
Some final guidelines:
- Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. We don't receive CVs or cover letters by email or LinkedIn messaging.