Technical Accounts Manager
Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation.
The world today is filled with static, monolithic infrastructure. Factories, power plants, buildings, etc. operate the same they've operated for decades — because the controls programming is hard-coded. Thousands of lines of rules and heuristics that define how the machines interact with each other. The result of all this hard-coding is that facilities are frozen in time, unable to adapt to their environment while their performance slowly degrades.
Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for the industrial sector, enabling industrial facilities to automatically learn and improve over time. Specifically:
- We use reinforcement learning algorithms to provide this intelligence, converting raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
Our team has a track record of applying AI to some of the toughest problems. From achieving superhuman performance with DeepMind's AlphaGo, to reducing the energy required to cool Google's Data Centers by 40%, we deeply understand AI and how to apply it in production for massive impact.
Phaidra is based in the USA but 100% remote; we do not have a physical office. We hire employees internationally with the help of our partner, OysterHR. Our team is currently located throughout the USA, Canada, UK, Norway, Italy, Portugal, and India.
**Please only apply to one opening. If you are a better fit for another opening, our team will move your application. Candidates who apply to multiple openings will not be considered.**
Who you are
You’re an independent worker, skilled in organization, planning, and project management. You have technical knowledge of industrial controls, building automation systems, and/or air or water cooled chiller plants. You have the drive to learn about different industries and technologies, and a passion to help customers operate their plant more efficiently and effectively with Phaidra’s AI supervisory control system.
You can take ownership of your assigned customers and delight them! You can guide internal and external teams as you coordinate the configuration and installation of the customers industrial plant AI Agents, and provide professional support while you grow customer relationships for future expansion and advocacy.
- Act as the project manager in the customization and deployment of the AI Agent for assigned customers. This includes establishing the project schedule, coordinating between internal and external teams, and monitoring progress to fulfill the contract.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the customer in collaboration with the Phaidra Solutions Architect, and draw on the Phaidra team to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Effectively communicate and manage at all levels within customer organizations, including executives, optimization and process engineers, operators and technicians.
- Ensure the Solutions Architects and Engineering teams have the information needed to customize the AI Agent and data connection for the customer.
- Understand the customer journey as you help them adopt full autonomous control and expand AI supervisory control to other plants and facilities.
- Work with our sales team to continuously improve how we set customer expectations in order to deliver a better customer experience.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of your projects meeting minutes, action items, project risks, and key decisions.
- At the conclusion of an AI Agent autonomous install, continue to serve the customer by efficiently managing the SaaS to resolve product issues, improve system configuration, and meet all customer goals.
In your first 30 days…
- You will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to Phaidra and our product.
- You will read various parts of our handbook and familiarize yourself with the documentation culture at Phaidra.
- You will join calls with current customers to familiarize yourself with managing customer installs.
- You will familiarize yourself with our tools and process for developing customer schedules.
- You will meet with the Solutions Architects, Strategic Account Lead, and members of the Engineering team to better understand challenges and opportunities with current processes.
By your first 60 days…
- You will have a solid understanding of what Phaidra does and how we do it.
- You will have met with team members across Phaidra and started building relationships that will help you be successful at your job.
- You will have become proficient at navigating the Customer Success team’s processes and software tools.
- You will learn how to manage customer related cases and assist with managing our customer service agreements.
- You will assist in creating and managing project and process documentation.
By your first 90 days…
- You will have been fully integrated into the Customer Success team and with Phaidra team members across the company.
- You will have begun to manage your own customers and projects.
- You will help improve our processes and project documentation.
- Minimum of 3+ years of technical project management experience.
- 4-year college degree.
- Experience working with diverse, remote teams to support enterprise customers.
- Passion to learn about industrial controls and automation systems, industrial process heating and cooling systems, and AI Machine Learning technology.
- Ability to learn quickly and explain complex domain specific concepts to non-domain experts.
- Ability to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into coherent requirement documentation for use by the software development team.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile scheduling tools.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Understanding of industrial control and automation systems.
- Understanding of industrial process heating and cooling systems and their applications within manufacturing environments.
- Strong proficiency in working with industrial operations teams and contributing to solving field operations related problems and challenges (especially with data centers).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
US Residents: $90,000 - $130,000
*Salary is location-dependent
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a 100% remote company with a digital nomad policy.
- Competitive compensation & equity with an early exercise option.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (exact benefits vary by region).
- Unlimited paid time off, with a minimum of 20 days off per year requirement.
- Paid parental leave (exact benefits vary by region).
- Home office setup stipend and company MacBook.
- Monthly internet reimbursement.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers - like Gitlab - for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation-first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and video chat. Most teams meet daily, and we have dedicated all-hands meetings bi-weekly to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events once per month - and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We have a yearly in-person, all-company summit in locations like Seattle, Athens, Goa, and Barcelona.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization database provided through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). As required by law, we will provide the SSA and, if necessary, the DHS, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization for those residing in the United States.
Additional information about E-Verify can be found here.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITERS.
Something looks off?