Functional React and Typescript Front End Web Developer
Hi! We’re Radix. We’re building the next revolution of scientific tools so scientists can spend more time doing what they do best: science. Right now, scientists with PhDs and years of experience spend literal hours every day copying and pasting data in Excel and manually pipetting. We think this is a problem and we’d rather they got that time back so they could put more time into important scientific discoveries like curing cancer, alzheimers, and even rare genetic conditions. Radix brings to biology a framework and a set of tools much like the tools for CAD/CAM/CAE or VLSI Design.
The biggest roadblocks biologists face today aren’t scientific, they’re operational. They’re about the sheer scale and complexity of making labs work properly. Increasing combinatorial complexity, choppy data flows, awkward equipment integration and poor software compatibility are all holding scientists–and discovery–back. We’re solving these problems and doing it by making a compiler, operating system, and programming language for the computer architecture of the modern biology lab.
We’re a diverse and merry band of nerds, hackers, and cat affectionados. If you work for us, you won't be the only woman, non-binary or trans person, POC, Latino/a/x, non-US citizen, wearer of silly hats, or cat! A key commonality is that we love working with our smart, passionate teammates and customers and that we’re dedicated to improving biologists’ day to day, especially when it means solving hard problems in CS. We also like mechanical keyboards and interesting programming languages a lot. More than is remotely reasonable.
We’re making progress every day towards dramatically improving scientists day to day. Our products delight our clients who are able to do much more with the help of our software and are able to stop doing the boring mechanics that they hate. We strive to make practical, pragmatic steps towards useful solutions that’ll let our customers. Sounds like the sort of team you’d like to be a part of?
● Human factors, user centered, graphic and/or general design implementation—the more the merrier!
● Think writing functional web code in TypeScript with a talented team of dev-ops compilers, and automation engineers behind you sounds like a fun and exciting adventure
● Experience with interesting, large, complex, challenging and/or non-trivial functional React project(s)--either personally, professionally, and/or scholastically
● Strong critical thinking and causal reasoning skills
● Experience tracking down annoying, hard to find, and arcane software bugs
● Keen to learn and collaborative
● Experience with GNU/Linux (we work in Linux)and Git for version control
Nice to have:
● Experience making interfaces that are straightforward, intuitive, simple, and beautiful
● Have thoughts and feelings about visual programming language design and graphical based protocol version control systems
● Have done some things in a bio lab or think this sounds cool
● Interested in or have experience with interpreters, compilers, programming languages, distributed systems, and/or run-time systems - either professionally, as a hobby, or as a curiosity
Radix is a exciting work environment. We care about each other. We’re also LGBTQ+, polyamoroy, kink, gender, minority, and most other things supporting. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Something looks off?