Staff Backend Engineer (Node.js/NestJS/TypeScript)
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
We are Ramp, a well-funded scaleup that makes the Web3 world a reality 🚀
We’re looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to develop Ramp's core settlement engine with the rest of the engineering team. Someone who is excited by the possibilities of working on the intersection of FinTech and blockchain, focused and deeply detail-oriented.
You will take technical ownership of our internal applications and shape and define the direction of Ramp’s technology according to the best industry standards. You will take an active role in powering our technical growth, scaling teams and researching how to build better products.
This is a full-time role, with the possibility of working remotely in hybrid and in-office models.
TypeScript, nestJS (Node.js framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ.
Why is this role a great opportunity for you?
you will have an enormous impact on our architecture, scaling, team, and good practices we use,
results of your work will be fundamental to Ramp's success,
you will take the lead on very challenging projects including architecture transformations and scaling,
thanks to your knowledge and experience you will be able to unlock our team’s full potential, be a mentor, and share knowledge,
you will be able to constantly improve our software, processes, and the way we work,
on top of the above, we are going to fully support your own growth so you won’t stop learning.
Your future work will include
- improving our technical excellence - being a guide and a leader of the technical transformations that we see ahead of us,
- setting technical direction - taking ownership of defining which direction we are going to go with our technology,
- exploring - feeling adventurous? At Ramp you will be able to explore cutting edge technologies to provide the best solutions for our growing systems,
- scaling - be a part of scaling our systems but also our tech teams.
- leadership - mentor and support our development teams. Always look at how to improve processes and tools that we are using to drive better product outcomes.
What we are looking for in candidates
- 6+ years of experience in building sophisticated and scalable backend systems,
- track record of being a team mentor,
- being passionate about what you do,
- readiness to work in a rapidly scaling up startup,
- experience in either fintech (payment services) or blockchain (exchanges or dApps) is not a must but definitely a bonus point,
- experience with high availability and scaling backend systems is nice to have,
- outcome over output approach
- Frontend: TypeScript, react, jest.js, CSS (SCSS + CSS Modules), MobX.
- SRE / DevOps: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, Grafana.
- Blockchain: web3.js, ethers.js.
- 1. Discovery interview - 30 min (optional)
- 2. Lifestyle interview - 60 min
- 3. Home-based task
- 4. Technical interview - 60 min
Here’s the rest of our tech stack
Our recruitment process
- 💰 31 000 - 43 000 PLN monthly net on an invoice on a B2B contract,
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it),
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw and Wrocław,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 newest Macbook Pro, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🚗 relocation package supporting you and your closest ones in case you want to move to Poland, Warsaw,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal-opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
93% of Team members answered YES! when asked: "If they were overly satisfied with their cooperation with Ramp."
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world. A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience where users own and control their data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift, and Ramp is among a few companies defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive, and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!
See more open positions at Ramp
Something looks off?