Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
We are Ramp, a well-funded scaleup that makes the Web3 world a reality 🚀
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to develop Ramp's core settlement engine with the rest of the engineering team. If you are keen to work in a product company and interested in new technologies, then we want to hear from you. You will have an impact on what and how we do it.
We dedicate this offer to developers with backend experience, but not necessarily in Node.js. If you've used technologies like Spring, .NET, Laravel, Django DRF or similar in the past and you want to start working with Node.js and TypeScript, you've come to the right place!
We’ll help you develop your Node.js and TypeScript skills by assigning you an experienced colleague who will help you get up to speed quickly. You will also have access to a self-development budget and our collection of tech books.
This is a full-time, hybrid model (min. 2 days per week from the office) role.
TypeScript, NestJS (Node.js framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
Your future work will include
- maintaining and extending core services,
- connecting our payment rails to different blockchains,
- integrating payment gateways & Open Banking APIs with open ledgers,
- building internal tools and architecture
What we are looking for in candidates
- 4+ years of experience in building sophisticated backend systems,
- readiness to work in a rapidly scaling up startup,
- experience in either fintech (payment services) or blockchain (exchanges or dApps) is not a must but definitely a bonus point
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, jest.js, CSS (SCSS + CSS Modules), MobX.
- SRE / DevOps: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, Grafana.
- Blockchain: web3.js, ethers.js
- Discovery interview - 30 min (optional)
- Lifestyle interview - 60 min
- Home-based task
- Technical interview - 60 min
Here’s the rest of our tech stack:
Our recruitment process
- 💰 21 000 - 31 000 PLN monthly net on an invoice on a B2B contract,
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it),
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw and Wrocław,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 Macbook Pro, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership
Ramp is an equal-opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
93% of Team members answered YES! when asked: "If they were overly satisfied with their cooperation with Ramp."
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world. A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience where users own and control their data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift, and Ramp is among a few companies defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive, and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!
See more open positions at Ramp
Something looks off?