Head of Product Strategy & Expansion
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's financial accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
You will work directly with our Co-Founder & President to define our product strategy and to be a key interface between the Product & Engineering team and the rest of the organization. This is a wide ranging role requiring a mix of operational and strategic capabilities.
- Perform user, competitor and industry research to inform our product strategy
- Work with our Co-Founder & President and the broader organization to shape our product strategy at a company level and at a product level
- Convert the product strategy into an actionable set of goals, a plan and a product roadmap
- Design and lead the process of collecting and prioritizing user requirements from our GTM team and self-service channels
- Design and lead the new product launch process including how we run pilots, and publicly launch products with our GTM team
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering
- 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in strategic planning and product development, particularly in fast moving technology company would be advantageous
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm would be advantageous
- Strong network and content knowledge in the local Fintech or Banking space
- Interest in Open Banking
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, API or Payments companies
- Strong knowledge of customers and customer needs in varied payment markets
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.