Customer Success Manager
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's financial accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
Stitch is looking for an enthusiastic and empathetic Customer Success Manager to nurture and maintain long-term relationships with our Tier-1 partners.
You will be the strategic advisor and main point of contact to our tier 1 partner’s from the point the partner signs with Stitch. You will need to manage relationships at all levels of our global client partnerships which includes executives, middle layer management and operational team members.
The key for success here will be your ability to utilise your deep understanding of the Stitch product and the business environment of the client to create the conditions for new revenue and business value faster. You will be accountable for managing, and growing client account value.
The ideal candidate is an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and excel through self-motivation and personal drive. You have exceptional interpersonal skills and naturally take initiative.
- Building high touch, consultative and strong relationships with our tier 1 clients through regular and open communications
- Creating client specific success plans to drive long term success of clients through rapid adoption of existing products, upsells and cross-sells
- Analyse client’s performance and provide recommendations to maximize the adoption of Stitch
- Delivering strategic expertise and education to clients as you guide them through the client lifecycle with Stitch
- Understanding the intricacies of our products, services and partner networks thoroughly and leverage these as needed to meet our clients’ needs
- Collaborating with various teams (e.g. Sales, Legal, Integration, Product, Support, Finance) across the company to ensure a first-class client experience
- Focusing on exceeding strategic and financial targets of our clients by analysing active payment products, transaction volumes and service levels
- Sharing ideas and feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information to internal teams at Stitch
- Take a proactive and responsive approach on customer service items and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an Operations, Account Management, Relationship Management or Customer Success role preferably at a SaaS B2B company
- People driven - very high EQ
- A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and data driven when making any decision
- Customer-oriented and able to establish robust relationship with assigned customer base
- Dynamic approach adapting to changing requirements with the ability to manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiation techniques
- A team player who loves working with diverse groups and people
Nice to haves
- Analytical / statistical background
- Previous experience in the payment space in South Africa or other global companies
- Good knowledge of today’s major ecommerce and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.
Something looks off?