Fraud & Risk Analyst
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's financial accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
Stitch is looking for an experienced Fraud & Risk Analyst to help protect Stitch and Stitch users from all forms of merchant fraud. The goal will be to make our payments ecosystem safer by relentlessly improving primary merchant fraud protection systems, such as detection models, actioning systems and fund recovery processes, while ensuring minimal pain for good users. This individual will also be responsible for working closely with our partner banks and engaging with some of our largest customers to improve their fraud loss rates.
- Reduce losses and reduce negative customer experiences from fraud
- Develop long term plans and a strategy for mitigation of merchant fraud across Stitches full suite of products and transaction types
- Build relationships with Financial Partners and ensure that we are meeting external partner obligations for merchant fraud management
- Manage complicated escalations and incidents and quickly execute remediation strategies
- Coordinate internal responses to fraud cases across various Stitch functions.
- Experience in managing payments fraud cases with South African banks, merchants and credit card schemes
- Deep knowledge and practical experience with scheme rules and South African regulations related to payments fraud
- Strong professional experience in risk management, including experience in building risk focused detection and actioning systems
- Thought leadership capabilities in the risk management space
- Strong stakeholder management and execution skills
- Comfort navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are data-driven, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.
Something looks off?