Business Development Manager
Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager in South Africa to support and complement our growing sales team led by our Head of Business Development.
On a day-to-day basis, your role involves facilitating the full sales cycle. Which ranges from sourcing customer leads, the initial conversations, and finalizing the agreements with key customers in our pipeline. As an integral member of our Sales team, you’ll be responsible for creating excitement about Stitch - our customers come first at Stitch and you'll represent their perspective and fulfill their needs at the coalface.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a fast-growing startup. They’re a self-starter with very strong communication skills and buckets of enthusiasm for the African fintech space.
- Source prospects and leads in South Africa, working with the Head of Business Development in managing sales processes, conducting sales calls, negotiating, and closing deals with Nigerian prospects
- Research target companies, identify key decision-makers, outreach, and preparation of sales pitches before call and materials to share post after calls
- Update, analyse, and facilitate goal-setting for our sales pipeline using our internal CRM
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Understand our customers' needs to help them achieve their business goals using Stitch
- 5+ years proven work experience in a B2B sales or business development role
- Experience in selling to multiple different segments, and developing differentiated messaging & sales approaches across different target segments
- Ability to understand & explain technical products and interact with both highly technical and business savvy B2B customers
- A track record of performing at or above sales targets
- Experience with using CRM software to track deal progress and indicate next steps
- Strong network and content knowledge in the local Fintech or Banking space
- Experience in selling into other financial technology companies or online businesses in need of payments or data products
- Experience selling into eCommerce business
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, API or Payments companies
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.