Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
WigWag, an internal startup within Stitch, is looking for a proactive and skilled Partnerships Manager to join our team. We are committed to making payments easy for startups and small businesses. As a part of Stitch, known as a leader in the financial technology industry, we embrace a culture of high performance, agility and continuous improvement.
As a Partnerships Manager, you will play a critical role in expanding WigWag's influence and operations by establishing and nurturing valuable relationships. Your primary focus will be to identify, engage, and manage a diverse range of partners including distribution partners, platform partners, and suppliers. You will be responsible for setting up and negotiating terms for collaboration, including revenue-sharing agreements. Additionally, you will take the lead in engaging with various communities within the startup, payments, and small business ecosystems through the organization of events and networking initiatives.
- Identify potential partners and strategically assess their fit with WigWag's mission and objectives.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with a diverse set of partners, including distribution, platform, and supplier entities.
- Negotiate, structure, and execute partnership agreements, ensuring they align with strategic objectives and deliver mutual value.
- Organize and participate in community events, forums, and networking opportunities to enhance WigWag's presence and develop new partnerships.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to align partnership strategies with overall business goals and product roadmap.
- Continuously monitor partnership outcomes, resolving issues and adapting strategies to maximize success and ROI.
- Proven experience in partnership management or business development, preferably in the payments and or ecommerce.
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of successfully closing deals and managing contracts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup.
- A solid understanding of the startup, payments, and small business ecosystems.
- Organisational and event management skills, with experience in community engagement and networking.
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a strong culture with values that include attracting and retaining the best global talent, a client-first ethos, a high-performing and collaborative working environment and a focus on decisive, impactful delivery. We value diversity and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a Series A venture-backed business that has raised a collective $52 million in funding. Our network of global investors include angels such as the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna, GoCardless, Robinhood and many more, and founding team members from businesses like Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include Ribbit Capital, PayPal Ventures, firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE, Village Global and many more.
This funding enables us to make sure all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and gives us access to industry veterans who can serve as valuable sounding boards and advisors as we build a multinational fintech business.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.