Chief Technology Officer
Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
Stitch’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is integral to our mission of transforming the financial landscape through innovation, strategic leadership, and technical excellence. This role is highly experienced and operationally adept.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive tech strategy aligned with our business goals.
- Scale and manage Stitch's engineering team
- Drive innovation and foster a culture of continuous improvement in the engineering department
- Ensure robust and scalable software development processes.
- Manage stakeholder engagement across the organisation and with clients and partners as it relates to our engineering capabilities and plans
- Promote and sustain the company's values and culture within the engineering team.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a tech environment, preferably in FinTech or a related field.
- Strong background in software development, system architecture, and project management.
- Exceptional skills in stakeholder management and cross-functional leadership.
- Familiarity with the latest technologies, platforms, and methodologies relevant to FinTech.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, adaptability, and a growth mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to align diverse teams towards a common goal.
Benefits & Perks
🏖️ Remote-friendly Work
We recognise and value the importance of enabling remote work and maintaining a globally distributed workforce. We cater to equitable employee experiences for both in-office and remote team members. We remain conscientious about ensuring a level playing field, especially around team events, business meeting practices, and office-driven benefits. While we facilitate remote work, we also see the value in bringing the full team together in person from time to time.
🎨 Stock Ownership
We believe in the power of ownership. That's why every team member becomes a part-owner of Stitch. Our employee stock ownership plan ensures that when the company thrives, you do too.
⏰ Time Off
Taking time off from work is critical to ensure that you can take necessary breaks and have time for important life events outside of work. It also helps you manage your energy better. In line with this, we provide a generous annual leave policy, along with supportive family responsibility, parental, study, and long-tenure sabbatical leave options, designed to accommodate the diverse needs of our team.
📚 Learning & Development Fund
We are committed to the professional growth of our team. Each year, we allocate $3,000 per team member for learning and development, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and skill enhancement.
🩺 Health Insurance Contribution
Recognising the importance of health and well-being, we contribute to health insurance for all team members and provide group health insurance schemes in certain jurisdictions.
To ensure our team has the tools they need, new members receive a brand-new Mac laptop along with the necessary peripheral equipment upon joining Stitch.
💜 Employee Assistance Programmes
We care about the well-being of our team. Our Employee Assistance Programmes provide you with the necessary resources and support to not only excel in your job but also to thrive in your personal life. Whether it's counselling, advice, or support services, we're here to help every step of the way.
Other notable benefits and perks
Celebrations for important life and work milestones
Daily team lunches in the Cape Town office
Annual work retreats
New starter dinners
Frequent team and company events