Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
The Legal Associate provides legal advice and support to the organisation. The Legal Associate drafts, reviews, and revises business-related contracts, assists with regulatory advisory and assists the Legal, Regulatory and Compliance team with implementing compliant policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a range of commercial contracts, such as service agreements, partnership agreements, and other business agreements.
- Working closely with the Sales and Client Success teams at various stages of the contracting process. This includes:
- Prepare contract summaries, stakeholder briefing documents, and risk reports
- Advise on legal issues regarding contracts
- Assist with contract renewals and termination
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (partners, external counsel, and external clients).
- Advising on the relevant regulation & legal frameworks required for Stitch’s business models and products.
- Assisting with the implementation of risk-based compliance frameworks
- Legal qualification and 2-5+ years working experience as an in-house legal counsel or with a law firm
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- An agile professional with a strong sense of pro-activity and an investigative mind-set
- Professional experience that covers a broad range of legal and commercial issues across a variety of business functions
- Accustomed to operating with business stakeholders on complicated matters in a fast-paced environment
- A successful track record of aligning legal priorities with organisational objectives
- Outstanding negotiation skills and contract drafting
- A strong understanding of technologically-related legislation (e.g., POPIA)
- An keen interest in the financial services or FinTech industry
Benefits & Perks
🏖️ Remote-friendly Work
We recognise and value the importance of enabling remote work and maintaining a globally distributed workforce. We cater to equitable employee experiences for both in-office and remote team members. We remain conscientious about ensuring a level playing field, especially around team events, business meeting practices, and office-driven benefits. While we facilitate remote work, we also see the value in bringing the full team together in person from time to time.
🎨 Stock Ownership
We believe in the power of ownership. That's why every team member becomes a part-owner of Stitch. Our employee stock ownership plan ensures that when the company thrives, you do too.
⏰ Time Off
Taking time off from work is critical to ensure that you can take necessary breaks and have time for important life events outside of work. It also helps you manage your energy better. In line with this, we provide a generous annual leave policy, along with supportive family responsibility, parental, study, and long-tenure sabbatical leave options, designed to accommodate the diverse needs of our team.
📚 Learning & Development Fund
We are committed to the professional growth of our team. Each year, we allocate $3,000 per team member for learning and development, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and skill enhancement.
🩺 Health Insurance Contribution
Recognising the importance of health and well-being, we contribute to health insurance for all team members and provide group health insurance schemes in certain jurisdictions.
To ensure our team has the tools they need, new members receive a brand-new Mac laptop along with the necessary peripheral equipment upon joining Stitch.
💜 Employee Assistance Programmes
We care about the well-being of our team. Our Employee Assistance Programmes provide you with the necessary resources and support to not only excel in your job but also to thrive in your personal life. Whether it's counselling, advice, or support services, we're here to help every step of the way.
Other notable benefits and perks
Celebrations for important life and work milestones
Daily team lunches in the Cape Town office
Annual work retreats
New starter dinners
Frequent team and company events