Software Engineering Team Lead
From the start, we have seen unbelievable growth in community and usage on a global scale, empowering people and companies in 131 countries to build sustainable and reliable projects faster.
As a company, we’ve grown 156% in the last year from 92 to 236 employees, across 45+ countries. We secured our Series B funding of $47 million last year in the month of May, totalling to $58 million so far.
With that said, there’s plenty of room for personal career advancements. It might come faster than you think.
We are a fast growing team with a flat hierarchy. This means we promise you will have lots of autonomy and accessibility on meaty projects. Hopefully, this is your idea of career progression.
Many companies talk at length about their company, we will let the results speak for themselves.
Yes, we are fast-paced, and our team is passionate and driven to become the de facto standard in headless CMS. If you want to influence the future of Storyblok, and how businesses manage their content, join us.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
You will be joining a growing company where you can contribute to many “firsts”. Plus these benefits:
- Monthly remote work stipend (home internet costs, electricity). Home office equipment package right at the start (laptop, keyboard, monitor…)
- Home office equipment upgrade (furniture, ear plugs …) or membership to a local co-working space after your onboarding
- Sick leave benefit, parental leave and 25 days of annual leave plus your local national holidays
- Personal development fund for courses, books, conferences, and material
- VSOP (Virtual Stock Option Plan)
- The annual international team-building trip, quarterly and monthly online get-togethers
- As a fully remote company, with work-life balance at its core, you’ll enjoy flexible schedules
- An international team that loves to have fun at work and works hard together to accomplish shared goals
We are looking for a Team Manager. Your primary focus will be responsible for managing Front-end/Back-end/QA Engineers. This means that in this position, you’re in charge of coaching and mentoring individuals to make them as impactful as possible. The person in this role also takes on the responsibility of running projects from initiation until execution, as well as managing the team’s processes and progress. There is a focus on continuous improvement both in terms of product quality and of team members’ personal career growth. Your commitment to team collaboration, good communication, and a quality product is crucial.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Managing a team of Software Engineers to establish and maintain software processes and quality standards.
- Accountability for the product development life cycle, coordinating activities with stakeholders, establishing accurate estimates and timely completion of tasks, ensuring that development meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Hands-on coding 0% to 30% of the time in your own background experience.
- Participating and providing guidance in technical decisions, acting as tech lead when required.
- Helping teammates overcome obstacles, resolving blockers and completing work tasks.
- Actively participating and fostering involvement throughout the team in the system roadmap.
- Planning and hiring Software Engineers for your team.
- Ensuring team visibility, recognition, protection, happiness, productivity and metrics.
- Facilitating team-building activities and promoting a positive workplace culture.
- Providing goals, evaluating performance and bringing constant feedback.
- Hosting one-on-one meetings.
- Cascading communications and maintaining alignment with other team managers.
- Driving career development, promotions and coaching.
- Understanding the team's domain, fostering a culture of documentation and knowledge sharing within your team and with your team's business stakeholders, actively demonstrating these behaviors.
- Mentoring teammates in an open, respectful, flexible and empathetic manner. Pursuing mentorship opportunities specifically to build staff redundancy and staffing capacity. Mentoring members of other teams as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in advanced software development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge with design patterns and development best practices;
- Comprehensive knowledge in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving;
- Comprehensive knowledge of software testing concepts (testability, regression, unit, integration, test automation);
- Thorough knowledge with RESTful services and microservices;
- Thorough knowledge about agile methodologies.
- General knowledge about Git, Webpack and other contemporary development technologies.
- Experience working with a software management system (JIRA is preferred).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead and manage a team and drive results.
- Excellent communication skills that facilitate interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- You are confident, detail-oriented, and highly motivated to contribute to the organization's growth as part of a high-performing team.
- Portfolio of relevant experience.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Remote (home) work opportunity or funded by Storyblok co-working space
Storyblok has a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We strive to create a hiring environment in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued, irrespective of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, religion, citizenship or any other characteristic.
Here is a sneak peek of Storyblok’s Visual Editor