From the start, we have seen unbelievable growth in community and usage on a global scale, empowering people and companies in 131 countries to build sustainable and reliable projects faster.
As a company, we’ve grown 156% in the last year from 92 to 236 employees, across 45+ countries. We secured our Series B funding of $47 million last year in the month of May, totalling to $58 million so far.
With that said, there’s plenty of room for personal career advancements. It might come faster than you think.
We are a fast growing team with a flat hierarchy. This means we promise you will have lots of autonomy and accessibility on meaty projects. Hopefully, this is your idea of career progression.
Many companies talk at length about their company, we will let the results speak for themselves.
Yes, we are fast-paced, and our team is passionate and driven to become the de facto standard in headless CMS. If you want to influence the future of Storyblok, and how businesses manage their content, join us.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
You will be joining a growing company where you can contribute to many “firsts”. Plus these benefits:
- Monthly remote work stipend (home internet costs, electricity). Home office equipment package right at the start (laptop, keyboard, monitor…)
- Home office equipment upgrade (furniture, ear plugs …) or membership to a local co-working space after your onboarding
- Sick leave benefit, parental leave and 25 days of annual leave plus your local national holidays
- Personal development fund for courses, books, conferences, and material
- VSOP (Virtual Stock Option Plan)
- The annual international team-building trip, quarterly and monthly online get-togethers
- As a fully remote company, with work-life balance at its core, you’ll enjoy flexible schedules
- An international team that loves to have fun at work and works hard together to accomplish shared goals
As a Senior Bid Specialist, you will co-lead the bid process, from opportunity identification to proposal submission. This includes ensuring the timely submission of high-quality proposals that meet client requirements, managing the bid resources effectively and establishing compliance with all RFP requirements and guidelines. The senior bid specialist will also uphold an understanding of market trends and competitor activity to inform bid strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Co-leading the end-to-end bid process, including opportunity identification, qualification and proposal submission together with the Account Executive.
- Developing and executing bid strategies that align with the company’s goals and client requirements.
- Coordinating with various teams, including sales, technical, legal, operations and finance to ensure all aspects of a bid are addressed.
- Managing bidding budgets, resources and timelines to ensure on-time and high-quality proposal submissions.
- Identifying new business opportunities by monitoring public and private sector tender portals.
- Maintaining and improving our processes around comprehensive and accurate bid documentation, including bid files, records of communication and pricing information.
- Ensuring compliance with client requirements, regulations and industry standards in collaboration with the information security, legal and risk management teams.
- Monitoring and evaluating bid performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through market research, competitor analysis and client needs assessment.
- Co-lead and coordinate the entire bid management process, including reviewing bid invitations, conducting bid/no-bid analysis and establishing timelines
- Develop compelling and persuasive bid content, including executive summaries, value propositions, pricing models and technical responses.
- Collaborate with sales and internal stakeholders e.g. operations and subject matter experts, to gather information and answer RFPs
- Coordinate with legal and compliance teams to ensure bid proposals meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a bid specialist, proposal manager or a similar role
- Experience in managing Bids for complex projects
- Experience in managing automatic RFP processes
- Experience in managing Bids in both EMEA and AMER regions
- Strong understanding of the bid lifecycle, proposal writing, and development.
- Proficiency in using bid management software like RFPIO
- Attention to detail and high accuracy in timelines, bid preparation and review
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at various levels with great interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple bids simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Not mandatory but Preferred skills)
- Ability to monitor and track bid performance metrics, analysing win/loss data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Conducting post-bid analysis and debrief sessions to identify areas of improvement and implement lessons learned for future bids.
- Continuously refine and improve bid processes, tools, templates and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market insights and emerging best practices in bid management.
- Demonstrated success in winning bids through effective proposal management.
- Familiarity with government procurement processes and industry-specific bid requirements.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Remote (home) work opportunity or funded by Storyblok co-working space
Storyblok has a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We strive to create a hiring environment in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued, irrespective of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, religion, citizenship or any other characteristic.
Here is a sneak peek of Storyblok’s Visual Editor