Software engineer - client
Full-time | Remote, CET ± 3h
Have you worked on complex editors or web applications for productivity, information, design or collaboration with millions of users?
Do you care and know a lot about the inner workings of browsers?
Are you the person people often go to for solving complex challenges?
Then we’re looking for you!
We're on a mission to reinvent how humans, teams, and computers work together, by building an AI platform for productivity, information, and collaboration.
We’re well funded and early stage, which means you will have a significant impact on what we build, how we build it and take part of the economic upside when we succeed.
- We are building an information editor that combines concepts from word processing and spreadsheets to chat, calendars and programming.
- The system is multi-user and Turing complete, with data and computations moving between clients and servers.
- We need developers with the ability to handle complex problems and turn them into components with simple APIs.
- We need someone who can understand how the entire system fits together and make sure we evolve a sound architecture.
Responsibilities and required skills
- Experience with building complex applications delivered through web-browsers and/or natively wrapped applications like Electron
- Ability to define architectures and apis that untangle complexity
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality code through use of necessary testing setups, code-review processes - and to help others getting to a similar level.
- Great teammates
- Competitive equity, pay and pension
- Great health and life insurance
- Generous vacation
- Hard engineering challenges
- State management - multi-client synchronised state in a multi-user system, with some level of immutable histories
- Management of data caching, partially loaded graphs, computed properties and offline functionality.
- Generic data structures allowing 3rd. party extension modules
- Full fledged, highly polished editor in a collaborative environment delivered through web technologies
Possible technologies you will have to deal with
- V8 and other JS engines - both for own program and as execution engines for extension modules
- Typescript and possibly compiler solutions for sandboxed recompilation of 3rd party code.
- Network stacks
- Cloud services
- Reactive data models
- Real time data synchronization
A bit about you
- You're open, honest, and curious.
- You're a lifelong learner and enjoy digging deep to understand complex challenges.
- You care about understanding the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- You love building things that make a difference.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You realise the importance of clear writing, all the way from code to users.
What we believe in
- We are open and candid with ourselves and others, and we believe in being kind and compassionate.
- We are curious and life-long learners, and get a thrill when digging deep to understand the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- Combined, this is what makes us push limits and build a world class team ready to create the future.
- We are building a different kind of company where you'll be able to do your best work.
This is a full-time position and remote-first. We’re primarily looking for candidates near the CET time zone (± 3 hours).
Tana offers complex engineering challenges, great teammates, competitive salary and equity, as well as health insurance, a generous pension program, and five weeks holiday.
Tana believes in a diversity of people and ideas, and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?