Software engineer - backend
Full-time | Remote, CET ± 3h
Have you built large, scalable backends for applications with millions of users?
Are you the person people often go to for solving complex challenges?
Then we’re looking for you!
We're on a mission to reinvent how humans, teams, and computers work together, by building an AI platform for productivity, information, and collaboration.
We’re well funded and early stage, which means you will have a significant impact on what we build, how we build it and take part of the economic upside when we succeed.
- We are building a powerful solution that combines concepts from word processing and spreadsheets to chat, calendars and programming.
- The system is multi-user and Turing complete, with data and computations moving between clients and servers.
- We need developers with the ability to handle complex problems and turn them into components with simple APIs.
- We are increasingly moving functionality from a complex client to server side components.
- We need to strengthen our team with people who understand how to build systems composed of cloud services.
Required skills and experience
- A particular interest for the cloud side of modern systems.
- Ability to define architectures and apis that untangle complexity.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality code through use of necessary testing setups, code-review processes - and to help others getting to a similar level.
- An interest for new opportunities, such as running Webasm containers in cloud functions - but an instinct for making choices that provides operational stability.
- Great teammates
- Competitive equity, pay and pension
- Great health and life insurance
- Generous vacation
- Hard engineering challenges
- State management – multi-client synchronised state in a multi-user system, with some level of immutable histories.
- Indexing and query engines, projecting data into various useful dimensions to provide building blocks for APIs for our own and 3rd party clients.
- Management of data caching, partially loaded graphs, computed properties and offline functionality.
Possible technologies you will have to deal with
- Google Cloud and various services within Google Cloud
- Graph APIs
- Search and Indexing technologies
- Logging, Monitoring and alerting solutions
- Databases, both traditional and graph databases
- Typescript and possibly compiler solutions for sandboxed recompilation of 3rd party code
- Network stacks
- Reactive data models
- Real time data synchronisation
A bit about you
- You're open, honest, and curious.
- You're a lifelong learner and enjoy digging deep to understand complex challenges.
- You care about understanding the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- You love building things that make a difference.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You realise the importance of clear writing, all the way from code to users.
What we believe in
- We are open and candid with ourselves and others, and we believe in being kind and compassionate.
- We are curious and life-long learners, and get a thrill when digging deep to understand the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- Combined, this is what makes us push limits and build a world class team ready to create the future.
- We are building a different kind of company where you'll be able to do your best work.
This is a full-time position and remote-first. We’re primarily looking for candidates near the CET time zone (± 3 hours).
Tana offers complex engineering challenges, great teammates, competitive salary and equity, as well as health insurance, a generous pension program, and five weeks holiday.
Tana believes in a diversity of people and ideas, and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?