Software Engineer - Data
Tenet’s integrated climate financing platform drives the mainstream adoption of sustainable technologies, first with electric vehicles. Tenet helps consumers power their lives more efficiently, while enabling financial institutions and companies to achieve their decarbonization goals.
Electric vehicles are more expensive upfront but have lower ongoing fuel and maintenance costs - Tenet has built its flagship electric vehicle auto loan to lower customers’ monthly payments so they can save on total cost of ownership, and avoid financial shocks that are inherent in gasoline vehicle ownership.
Founded in 2021, Tenet is backed by Human Capital, Giant Ventures, Breyer Capital, Global Founders Capital, Firstminute Capital and additional angel investors. We are hiring in New York and remotely in the United States. We are looking for exceptionally smart, mission-driven people to join our growing team.
As a Data Engineer at Tenet, you will be responsible for extending, maintaining, and configuring robust data pipelines and infrastructure to support our data-driven initiatives. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and own the data pipeline end-to-end, from generating events in sources to the consumption of events and data quality in final destinations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in working with cloud-based data platforms, particularly Snowflake, possess expertise in utilizing tools like Segment and Sigma for data pipelines and analytics, and have at least some experience working in a more standard service layer engineering environment.
Remote in the US; New York preferred due to management location.
- Data Pipeline Development: Extend, maintain, and configure ETL or rETL pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into our Snowflake data warehouse, or vice versa. Implement data validation and quality checks to ensure the accuracy and integrity of incoming data.
- Snowflake and ETL Expertise: Leverage Snowflake to maintain a scalable and high-performance data warehouse. Optimize queries, workloads, and storage structures within Snowflake for maximum efficiency. Write and configure Apache Airflow jobs and 5tran ETL pipelines.
- Segment Integration: Utilize Segment to manage customer data collection, tracking, and integration with various marketing and analytics tools.
- Data Modeling: Design and implement data models that support both transactional and analytical use cases, ensuring data is structured for efficient querying and reporting.
- Events Service: Own and maintain the generation of events from our client and server side environments. Own the data and data quality in the resulting destinations.
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering, with a focus on cloud-based platforms (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Strong proficiency in Snowflake, Airflow, and one or more ETL and rETL tools.
- Familiar with service layer architecture, preferably in Typescript.
- Experience with SQL, bonus points for PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with fintech, financial reporting, and related domains is a strong plus.
Tenet is a hybrid-remote company working all across the United States. For candidates residing within the United States, the anticipated salary range for this position is $120-135,000, in addition to competitive equity packages. Actual compensation is determined by many factors including candidate experience and skills, location/market, and business needs.
1. Get to Know You - 30 mins
2. Async Task
3. Technical Review - 60 mins
4. Team + Culture Add - 45 mins
5. Cross-functional + Culture Add - 45 mins
6. Finals with the founders - 30 mins each
Ideally this process will take no longer than two weeks. If chosen to interview, you will receive an interview outline containing more information regarding the interview process, including links to interviewers' LinkedIn profiles.
Here is a list of our Values.
Review our Benefits page to learn more about what is covered.
A link to preview your cost is included.
Tenet is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Tenet makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.