Senior Developer Advocate
Unleash is the largest and fastest growing open source feature flag company in the world. Feature flags enable engineering teams to ship software faster with less risk and have become an essential part of a modern DevOps playbook. The Unleash Feature Management platform is easy to use, fully featured and can be run in a customer’s own data center for maximum privacy and security. We are backed by top tier investors and we believe in a diverse, supportive and collaborative culture. We look for people who are curious, creative, inventive and deeply caring about building products that people love. We encourage people from all genders, races, & ages to apply. We also embrace a remote-work culture.
About the Role
We’re seeking a passionate and creative Senior Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team. This role will primarily focus on creating valuable technical content and effectively distributing it to engage developers, promote adoption, and enhance the awareness of Unleash’s Open Source offering. You will also mentor other members of the Developer Relations team. As a bridge between our developer community and our internal teams, you will play a vital role in driving awareness and the long-term success of Unleash.
- Create high-quality technical content, including blog posts, tutorials, sample apps, videos, webinars, and documentation that address developer pain points, promote best practices, and showcase the capabilities of feature flags.
- Collaborate closely with the VP of Marketing to develop and refine our technical content strategy.
- Establish our technical content strategy and calendar in order to nurture developer interest and retention.
- Provide technical and code reviews of content generated by the Unleash community and other members of the Developer Advocacy team.
- Analyze content performance metrics and user feedback to refine our technical content strategy and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to align technical content with key messages, product releases, and company goals.
- Utilize social media platforms, developer forums, and industry publications to effectively distribute technical content and engage with the developer community.
- Monitor online conversations and engage in technical discussions relevant to Unleash, showcasing thought leadership and providing valuable insights.
- Collect feedback from the community and feed it to the product teams to drive product improvements.
- Represent Unleash at conferences, meetups, webinars, and industry events, delivering presentations and workshops to showcase the value of feature flags.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional developer
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles and best practices
- Direct experience using feature flags as part of a development lifecycle
- Passion for helping others improve their development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with technical and developer-focused content creation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with developers, community members, and internal teams
- Familiarity with developer communities, social media platforms, and online forums
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Experience using Unleash in a professional setting is a strong plus
This role may be located in the US or in Europe.