Senior Software Systems Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
Who we are
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you will have an impact!
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
We are looking for hands-on candidates who have experience developing software running on embedded, distributed devices. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver products which allow Wayve to capture massive scale data from fleets of vehicles, enabling our autonomy systems to be trained and validated.
Data is at the heart of everything Wayve does: we are a data-driven company through and through. Our autonomy is built on this data, and it forms a key part of our performance criteria and validation processes. You’ll be building the world’s biggest fleet data tap by creating the software systems that run on devices at edge, and their interface to Wayve’s cloud systems.
What you will bring to Wayve
- Create software which curates, processes, and samples data gathered from large scale distributed ‘full-self-driving’ sensing systems
- Build robust, fault tolerant software solutions, with tooling and logging to ensure we know that our distributed fleet is operating correctly
- Design, implement, and use performance analysis tools to improve performance and resolve system-level bottlenecks
- Work collaboratively with a team of software and hardware engineers to build and ship performant systems
- Expert knowledge of kernel development and optimisation
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent with 5+ years of professional work experience
- Knowledge of working with distributed computing, such as IoT systems, robotic software, or distributed web systems
- Experience working with high performing software in C++, Rust, or similar
- Knowledge of computer networking: TCP/IP, network security protocols, etc.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles - what makes code reusable, extensible, and robust
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals: operating systems, data structures, algorithm design, etc.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic startup environment and are able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team navigating the ambiguity of new technology development
- Experience working with cameras or other sensors as part of a wider software system
- Experience working with ARM based SOC environments or similar
- Proficient in Python (or able to learn quickly)
- Experience working with users, shaping features and tools to fit their needs
- Some knowledge of modern machine learning is a plus, particular computer vision systems
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary, equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.
Something looks off?