Senior Mechanical Engineer, Vehicle Integration
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a passion to develop the next generation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll be working as part of a team to integrate sensors, compute, and other vehicle electronics onto vehicle platforms. These full-cycle efforts will include initial requirements gathering from relevant teams, evaluation of different options, design and analysis of potential solutions, identifying manufacturing solutions, and validating the performance of the vehicle in service. You’ll be able to see your work enable autonomous vehicles in fielded services.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- 10+ years of experience in Mechanical design from concept to production
- Experience designing with a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes with the ability to optimize for performance, mass, strength/durability, and cost.
- Ability to perform structural analysis and build stackup tolerances.
- Strong communication skills with both Hardware peers on design details and wider team on design tradeoffs
- Experience designing in Solidworks
- Ability to work with suppliers/CMs to manufacture and validate
- MSc or BSc in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Automotive design and test experience
- Thermal Design and Analysis experience
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
Something looks off?