Sensor Development Engineer
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We are looking for an experienced sensor engineer to develop and improve our self-driving-vehicle sensor suite. You will reach across teams and offices to execute challenging cross-functional tasks. As a key member of the hardware sensors team you will offer domain expertise and support for integration, debugging, and testing. You will build up key sensor test capabilities through equipment and software development. Your contributions will identify performance gaps and enable ongoing optimization of our sensing system.
What you’ll bring to Wayve:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player effective at cross-functional collaboration with teams of varying technical backgrounds
- Working knowledge of cameras and/or radar
- Proficiency in debugging & root cause analysis
- Experience in novel test development and execution
- Basic scripting capabilities in python, bash, etc.
- Software knowledge/experience in debugging
- ADAS or Autonomous Vehicle Experience
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team