Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national, world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
Wayve is looking for a junior Legal Counsel (0-3PQE), reporting to the Head of Legal.
You will be part of a specialist legal team advising the business on the development and deployment of Wayve’s AI technology for autonomous vehicles, with opportunities to work with our Partnerships, Product and Policy teams, helping Wayve navigate nascent and fast-developing regulatory regimes across AVs, data and AI.
Candidates should have had exposure to some of the following areas: non-contentious IP, commercial technology, AI-related issues, data protection, mergers & acquisitions, venture capital, and/or employment, whether during their training contract or post-qualification.
This role will involve a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including licensing, development, supplier, collaboration, and services agreements, with a particular focus on technology (both software and hardware)
- Advising on data protection compliance
- Drafting and maintaining precedents
- Supporting the design and implementation of policies and procedures
- Liaising with external counsel
- Supporting cross-functional collaboration and training
- Risk and compliance and regulatory support
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of emerging technology and shape the future of transportation. If you have a passion for technology and the law and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we would love to hear from you.
- 0-3 PQE English qualified solicitor
- You have strong technical, drafting, and research skills gained through training at a leading law firm or in-house
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to explain complex matters in clear, accessible language
- You have strong commercial/business acumen and judgment to allow effective evaluation of legal risk in the context of the wider commercial strategy
- You have the ability to work autonomously, take initiative and be proactive in addressing new matters or challenges
- You have well-developed prioritisation skills and ability to deal with multiple projects and internal clients
- You have a good sense of humour and the ability to collaborate with colleagues across teams and jurisdictions
- You’re resilient in the face of change, thrive in ambiguity and are excited to find creative solutions to novel challenges.
- You excel at building strong, trust-based relationships across internal and external teams.
- You are deeply curious about building something new, relish the intellectual challenge of designing the legal conditions needed to deploy AV2.0 and excited for how this impacts how the technology is built.
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving problems and want to take on the challenge of AVs: the space-race of our generation!
- Previous in-house experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross, but we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.