Robotics Engineer, Drive By Wire
Who we are
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you will have an impact
- Own the interface between the robot software stack and the robot.
- Elicit and communicate the performance and sensor requirements for the robot and drive-by-wire system.
- Work with suppliers and partners to ensure successful drive-by-wire system integration for our future robot platforms.
- Keep our internal R&D fleet safe and functional with regards to drive-by-wire.
Challenges they will own
- Collaborate to define the interface of the robot software stack to the robot.
- Support bring-up and test of new robot platforms prior to AV stack integration.
- Interfacing with third parties to specify and test against requirements.
What we are looking for in our candidate
- Practical experience in robotics applications
- Hands-on experience with testing, tuning and debugging real-time software
- Understanding of theoretical aspects of robotics
- System thinking - can quickly develop an understanding of how the AV stack components work together to achieve driving performance
- Experience with CAN (creating DBC files, writing interface scripts, plotting time series of CAN signals for analysis / comparison)
- Experience with specifying sensors for robotics applications; including reading and understanding datasheets.
- Setup and execution of hardware-in-the-loop testing of embedded systems.
- Reading and writing requirements, acceptance criteria and software / system tests.
- Strong software engineer (Python; comfortable in C++), day-to-day Linux use.
- Writing, reviewing and testing embedded software for automotive applications
- Familiar with software V-lifecycle and working in this framework
- Writing embedded software to meet safety requirements
What we offer you
Competitive compensation with salary and equity
Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.