Software Test Automation Engineer
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that machine learning algorithms learning from experience and data will allow our driver to be more intelligent and capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
As a Software Test Engineer for our AV 2.0 stack, you will be responsible for ensuring that the integrated software stack performs as required for safe, autonomous operation on the road.
As one of the first Software Test Engineers at Wayve, you will grow with the company and be critical in establishing what good software delivery looks like across Wayve. You will establish our approach to automated software integration testing and work closely with software engineering leads. Our stack includes base software for sensor data processing, neural network execution and diagnostics and robotic functions for vehicle control.
You will also act as a coach to others towards a test-driven development mindset to help teams deliver automotive quality software.
Challenges you will own:
- Work closely with software engineers and system engineers to define test cases and pass/fail criteria for our AV 2.0 stack
- Design and build a HIL infrastructure as an environment for automated testing
- Build the framework for automated test execution, test scheduling, and test result dashboard creation
- Write scripts for automated software integration tests (Aspice SWE5 & SWE6)
- Develop tools for scalable generation of test scenarios based on collected data
- Strategically plan the roll-out of tests towards automotive grade software delivery
- Help define the release process with standardised release tests
- Integrate the test execution into the CI pipeline
- Share test results with the team and discuss improvement plans
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role will be based in our London King’s Cross HQ, but we are open to discussing hybrid roles for the right candidate.
- You have a degree in computer science, engineering or a comparable field
- You have 5+ years of experience in automotive software testing
- You have built HILs and test environments
- You have excellent programming skills in Python and C++
- You have written software integration tests for automated test execution for automotive programs
- You have a bias for action and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving problems and want to take on the challenge of AVs: the space-race of our generation!
- You have been part of a Level 2 / Level 3 automotive series program, ideally at an OEM or Tier1
- Experience with ASPICE or ISO26262 is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Rust is a plus
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- On-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, a workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.